Busy morning!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Since I got some cash for my birthday, I'm recovering from the purchase of the new furnace, so.............

This morning, I went out to the shop and stripped the grip frame off this .45 Colt Blackhawk:

Then went by the bank and deposited my funds into my checking account, wrote and mailed my requsite check, and sent off the grip frame to Patrick Grashorn along with insturctions on how I want my stag grips to look. All this done and back home for lunch!

Bob Wright

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Very nice Bob and a belated happy birthday to you. What is the estimated turn around time on the stag grips?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
whichwatch said:
Very nice Bob and a belated happy birthday to you. What is the estimated turn around time on the stag grips?

Pat advised me about one week after receipt of my grip frame. About what my previous pair ran.

Bob Wright

Oh, and thank you for the birthday wishes.

veeman

Single-Sixer
damn, that's fast. I orders a set of spalted maple SBH grips from Privates in JULY! Still don't have them. Never order from him again.

Rclark

Hunter
Nice .45 Colt revolver! Well, other than the barrel is a bit short ;) . Ha! Can't wait to see it with some nice fitting stag grips!

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Nice case color job on the revolver frame, who did you have do that?

Will Pat install medallions in the grips, and in the correct position?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
steelshooterco said:
Nice case color job on the revolver frame, who did you have do that?

Will Pat install medallions in the grips, and in the correct position?

The story behind this gun goes back to around 2001~2002. I bought the gun as a Blackhawk and had it converted to a Bisley, Ed Mason & Sons doing the work, with Doug Turnbull doing the case hardened finish:

This was my project to study grip profiles with various .45 Colt loads. The Bisley grip proved to go sour for me and by 2006 had the gun back to Blackhawk configuration, as it will remain.

I've never wanted medalions in any of my grips, so never have approached Grashorn about it. However, his web site does indicate that he does install them if desired. Cost is extra, I believe.

Bob Wright

Joe S.

Hunter
Pat will install the medallions if you wish. I like em both ways.

and I too, prefer the plow handle frame. I have a Bisley, but only because it came as a Bisley and I will leave it alone. it is the new 480.

when my 454 arrives next week, I will offer the Bisley stuff up for trade for a Super Hunter frame, hammer, and trigger.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Got an email from Pat Grashorn today with photos of my grips. I asked him to hold shipment until maybe Wednesday of this week as I expect to be out of town and didn't want them in my mailbox until I got back on Saturday.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
TEN DAYS FROM MAILING GRIP FRAME TO RECEIPT OF GRIPS:

I mailed the grip frame to Pat Grashorn November 18, received grips and grip frame Saturday, November 28. And, fifteen minutes after receiving, I had my gun reassembled!

Bob Wright