Redhawk .45ACP/.45 Colt Model 5032

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cadlane

Bearcat
Was the Redhawk Model 5032 a limited edition run?

Took me a little time to save up the money to buy one, but now they are already gone (both LGS's and Gunbroker and internet in general).

I'm lucky to have paid a normal retail street price for a 3" SP101 .327 when they were new and I hope I won't have to pay a "collector's premium" for the 5032 (saw one advertised on Gunbroker last week for $1500 - which I would never pay).

Thanks!

tinman

Buckeye
I didn't realize they were gonna be so popular, glad I jumped in early. Don't know where you've looked, but Kygunco has them listed and indeed are showing out of stock at this moment. I just spoke to them (needed to check another order) so I asked about the 5032. Was told they have been on order for bout 3 weeks. He also said the status will update as soon as the guns arrive and are entered into inventory..... so if you will click the tab that says "notify me when available" they will send you an email when they do arrive. Hope that helps....... :)

http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-redhawk-45acp45colt-revolver-42in-satin-stainless-6-round-hardwood-grip-94467

RonSwanson

Bearcat
In the last month or so at least four different gun magazines have printed favorable articles about these. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of availability. Glad I bought mine a few months ago.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
I got mine there also. Think their prices are about the best I have seen on a consistent basis.

Flatbush

isaactc

Bearcat
I just looked one up at Gallery of Guns, I typed in my zip code and it said the gun was available within 72 hours shipping. They want just over $1,000 for it which is MSRP!

DPris

Buckeye
Very simply demand has exceeded supply.
Ruger produces in batches, the gun is not gone, Ruger has not dropped it, they'll be making more when the production cycle rolls around again.
Just hang on.
Denis

cadlane

Bearcat
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info! I joined the "notify" list at KyGunCo (thanks Tinman), so will just be patient and wait (also on Bud's "notify" list). Hopefully Ruger has another production run scheduled sometime in the next 6 months or so. :D

Pickle

Bearcat
I saw one today in a local pawn shop. They wanted $799 for it. It's NIB. Harveys Pistol and Pawn 865-851-6100 Knoxville Tn 37912

I don't know if they will ship or not but you can call and ask. They have a very good selection of Rugers and Smith & Wessons.

...and if they won't, I would call Whittaker Guns in Ky. They have the best prices of anyone I have ever dealt with. Getting someone to answer a phone is always hit and miss but they will return an email within an hour.

[email protected]

cadlane

Bearcat
Pickle said:
I saw one today in a local pawn shop. They wanted $799 for it. It's NIB. Harveys Pistol and Pawn 865-851-6100 Knoxville Tn 37912

I don't know if they will ship or not but you can call and ask. They have a very good selection of Rugers and Smith & Wessons.

...and if they won't, I would call Whittaker Guns in Ky. They have the best prices of anyone I have ever dealt with. Getting someone to answer a phone is always hit and miss but they will return an email within an hour.

[email protected]

Hey, just stopped by the forum again to have a look and saw this post! Just bought it from Harvey's and they are shipping it to my FFL :D

Thank you, Pickle!!!

Pickle

Bearcat
Good deal. For a little hole in the wall pawnshop, they have a VERY good selection of firearms. Glad I could help.

ladder13

Bearcat
Waitin' on either KY Gun or Buds, almost bought the square butt 45 Colt version only but really want the round butt 45acp/colt version.

48flyer

Single-Sixer
BearStopper said:
One in stock right now at my LGS for $869.95 plus $10 for BG check.

Why would a gun shop charge you for a background check when buying a gun from them?
I understand using a shop for a transfer, not purchased from them, but I'll be damned if I'd pay that on top of the purchase price from the same shop

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I got Lucky I guess. My LGS has had one that I have been eyeing for about a month now. Went and bought it Friday 11-27-15 it is a very nice revolver and glad I got one of them.