1971 Ruger 357 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Warhawk

Bearcat
Howdy, I'm an old member here but had to register with a new account.

Just picked up a absolutely pristine 3 screw Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible. It's a 4 5/8 barreled gun, 99%+ condition, it doesn't even have a turn line. The grips have a glossy finish, very nice wood, and Ruger medallions that have a silver eagle on a red background. The seller says it's all 100% original, but I have my doubts about the grips. I do have the 9mm cylinder, even though it's not in the pics. Came in the little box in a red felt bag.

How rare are the 3 screw convertibles? I wasn't even aware they existed. And what about the grips, any chance those are original to the gun?

PsaIlMR.jpg

54My8Ml.jpg

6CgLRyG.jpg

4XQrkKD.jpg

1wHf5V5.jpg

ns4OQPI.jpg

w6C8g2T.jpg

Oj5pHgh.jpg

Warhawk

Bearcat
The grips aren't a minus for me at all. I was looking for a 3 screw BH to convert to 44 Special, but this one is so nice I'll leave it alone, as a 357. But I will add a set of Grashorn stag grips.

Welcome back!

Very, very nice. Excellent find, even with the improper grips.

Bob's List puts this one right in the midst of a whole bunch of guns from early 1970. They were shipping a lot of convertibles at that time.

If you like the grips that's perfectly OK, but you might pick up a proper pair "just in case".

RENE price guide puts this one at $600 in "collector condition" and yours looks just pretty darn nice. Grips would be a slight "discount" of course.

:)

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
I was admiring your gun in this post a couple days ago and thought I'd like to have one myself. Walked into my favorite little gun store to find old rugers and what do you know. Mine is about 30000 later serial wise and in the same shape. She's a Beaut!!!