Dimensioned drawing for Ruger trigger return spring adapter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chris C

Bearcat
I've got a new model stainless steel grip frame I putting on a 3-screw Blackhawk. I need a trigger return spring adapter, but not quite sure how to make one, even though I've seen a picture. Does anyone have, or could anyone PM me a dimensioned drawing so I could make one?

Chris C

Bearcat
Anyone?

I've seen a picture, but I can't figure out how it works or what size to make it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Moot point now but for future reference:

All the dimensions you need are in the old and new grips frames that you have. Those are better than anyone could give you because the adaptor will then fit your grip frame perfectly!

Chris C

Bearcat
I get that, Jim.....................but looking at the block I saw in the picture, I have no earthly idea how it works, or even where it goes, exactly. Robb is sending me a piece of brass bar stock along with it so I can make my own.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
1. This adapter fills the void in the NM grip frame behind the trigger. It has a hole in the left end the size and depth of the return spring and plunger hole in your OM grip frame. The small hole in the side is for retaining it in the NM grip frame using the existing NM trigger return spring retaining pin. The depression on top is for clearance of the hammer base.

orig.jpg

You can make the simple aluminum adapter above to fit in the NM GF behind the old model trigger or just use a .22 LR case to hold the return spring and plunger. Either will need the one NM trigger return spring retaining pin closest to the trigger shown below to hold your OM trigger return spring/plunger adapter or .22 case in place. File a small notch in the .22 case head to nest on the retaining pin.
IMG_1399_zps09554883.jpg

2. Another option is to use the NM trigger return spring with a Clements adapter trigger. This is the easiest way and the trigger is wide to fit the wide trigger slot in all NM grip frames. You'll need the NM grip frame trigger return spring and both pins to use a Clements trigger.

___________________________Clements adapter triggers are the center two_________________________
OM trigger__________________standard____&____Bisley w/over travel stop__________________NM Bisley

large.jpg

They are $65 and are a 'drop in'. http://www.clementscustomguns.com/

Chris C

Bearcat
You've shown me those three pics before, Jim. Guess I'm pig-headed, but I still don't get it. I'll have to see it in person. I should have one in a few days. Wish I had the bucks to pick up one of Clements triggers. Want a wider trigger, but money is tight.

Chris C

Bearcat
Duh! Now I get it. Thanks. Really anxious to get the one Robb is sending so I can get this stainless grip frame on my pistol to see how it feels when I shoot it. I think the balance will really be improved. That was honestly the only thing I've ever been disappointed in with my Blackhawk over the years.

Chris C

Bearcat
No, Jim, I don't. And as I told you the other day, Clement's triggers are ridiculously expensive...........at least for my pocket book.

Chris C

Bearcat
I'm sure I can get along without a wide trigger.............but I'm sure going to want one when I transition from this stainless grip frame to the brass one.