Revolver Ruger GP- 100 Shoulder Stock Project

Help Support Ruger Forum:

furyonox

Bearcat
Hi from Italy
My name is Furyo and I'm very proud to show you this project

P1010018.jpg

As you know this is not my invention neither old italians inventions, but all comes from your Country in thr 1850 for Colt Navy

colt_navy.jpg

In the second world war there was the Mauser C96 named broomhandle

mauser.jpg

The Shoulder Stock become a holster

mauser2.jpg

Do you remember the 65' Sergio Leone movie "Per qualche dollaro in più" (A Fistful of Dollars) , the Col. Mortimer (Lee Van Cleef) killed a bandit with a revolver after mounting a Shoulder Stock.

lee_van_cleef.jpg

I was inspired from Colt Navy Revolver and from Mauser C96 both, to realize the Shoulder Stock for my Ruger GP-100 6".

P1010021.jpg

The wood is walnut assembled in three layers fasten with polyurethane glue and reinforced with spring steel

P1010027.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010037.jpg

I used the same Ruger GP 100 system for fix the grip

P1010023.jpg

Now you can see the holster working with keylock and safe key.

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

The next step will be to create a revolver case

img_1774.jpg

The keys have a little scewdriver

P1010001.jpg

This is a prototype, the number 0 type, so the next one could be some parts different.
I hope you like it, write me for any informations.

best wishes your italian friend
furyo

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I've had a few revolving carbines, they're a lot of fun. It's difficult at first to adapt to the proper grip, and a standard handgun grip with a shoulder stock isn't very comfortable or stable, but it's manageable.

Looks like good workmanship on the buttstock, and attention to detail in the reinforcing spring steel supports.

It's always surprising to see the drop required for handgun carbines, compared to rifles, the extreme drop always looks out of place. Did you measure the appropriate drop for yourself to line up for the sights, or did you use a generic drop distance?

furyonox

Bearcat
Thanks so much my far friends,
for me is a honor and pleasure to be here.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Well Done, sir. Welcome to the Forum. I admire what you constructed. Here in the US a $200 federal license is required to put a shoulder stock on current cartridge handguns. The Mauser, Luger and early Browning Hi Power don't require the license thankfully. You are probably aware of this but please keep your support hand well away from the front of the cylinder when you fire your gun. Escaping gas can damage your hand.

Best Regards,
ADP3

furyonox

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:
This kind of project is why we admire Italian workmanship and inventiveness!

The wood grip inserts look like olive wood to me. Are they?

Hi
yes...........it is from my olive trees briar roots

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Great job and great post. I also Welcome you to the Forum. I never wish to visit any other countries but if I could Italy would be the only one. Beautiful country.
Thanks for sharing.

coach

Hunter
Beretta has been an Italian company that makes some nice firearms. I have a beautiful semi-auto Italian made shotgun and a few pistols.
The past administration in Maryland did its best to chase the US factory out the state.

Furyo, if I may ask, what region of Italy are you in?

I'm generally familiar with Italy, having been there a dozen or so times as a tourist and having done most of the touring by rental car. My "Italian," however, is actually Spanish, which sometimes works OK, especially down south or near the coast where there are many retired sailors. Fortunately your countrymen and women are very tolerant of dumb US tourists, and many of them speak English very well.

(My favorite city, if I had to name one of the many I like, is Ferrara. Lively enough; peaceful enough).