LCR 327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sharpshooter33

Bearcat
Big Old Boy said:
Lcr in 380 is not a bad idea my wife would like that. I'm in middle Tn.
My daughter lives in Knoxville. Email or PM me if and when you go to sell your 22 MAG.
I sent Ruger a note suggesting that they make the LCR in 380 also. We will see. Taurus has one and you can't find them anywhere.
I think it would be the perfect women's or recoil sensitive persons CCW weapon.
My sister refuses to have a 22 Mag for SD and she feels a pistol in 9mm is too complicated to clean, clear and load for her. She is 69yoa. She saw a video of the Taurus 380 and feel in love. It's super simple to load with moon clips and really manageable with recoil and cleaning.
I'm hoping Ruger comes out with a 380 LCR because I really don't want to be doing trigger jobs on the Taurus pistols.
Oh and my wife saw me researching the Taurus 380 and now she wants one too.

I know there is a market for it. :mrgreen:

nn

Single-Sixer
I'm not shooting .327 in a LCR, no way no how.

SP 101 is bad enough!

32magfan

Blackhawk
The 327 will shoot 32S&W, 32 Long, 32 H&R as well as the 32ACP in a pinch. Recoil will be ... Meaningful, I am sure. I just bought a SBH in 454. How bad could it be compared to Buffalo Bore 325's at 1525fps??

I will be getting one asap. I have to keep my streak going on having all the Ruger 327s.

I will have to get my buddy to chronograph the short barrel. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

32Magfan

Harvey

Bearcat
I have wanted an LCR, but am not comfortable with 5 rounds. The .327 seems to be the answer, but, compared to a .38+p, how effective is a NON magnum round? What I am seeking is more round capacity, yet the effectiveness of a .38, and as little recoil as possible based upon my arthritic hands. Opinions anyone? Thanks.

sharpshooter33

Bearcat
For those of you with LCR 327 envy
6 in stock!
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=5452-RUG

Ditmo

Single-Sixer
Just ordered one. Can't wait. I'll have a nice range day with my Single Seven, SP 101, and the LCR. Ruger is getting way too much of my money lately. :) I also bought the 3" LCRx. I considered the LCR in .38spl, but it wasn't different enough than my 642. I've got a bunch of ammo reloaded in .32 H&R and .327

howl

Bearcat
Harvey said:
I have wanted an LCR, but am not comfortable with 5 rounds. The .327 seems to be the answer, but, compared to a .38+p, how effective is a NON magnum round? What I am seeking is more round capacity, yet the effectiveness of a .38, and as little recoil as possible based upon my arthritic hands. Opinions anyone? Thanks.

Buffalo Bore probably has the hottest .32H&R load. If it seems a little much, check out Georgia Arms .32H&R 100gr XTP load. It's almost as hot, and seems about the same as .38 Spcl.

dougader

Hunter
I was getting 1300 fps in my 3" SP101 with the Speer 115 grain GDHP; 1528 fps in my 4-5/8" Single 7. There is a big jump in velocity as barrel length increases, but that's true generally for all magnum cartridges.

When my finances recover from my recent 480 excursion I'll certainly look into the LCR in 327. My 431PD in 32 HRM handles the factory 32 mag just fine. It's not bad with the Handloader/Brian Pearce load of 100 grain XTP over 11.8 grains W296, but I'm guessing the 431 frame won't stand up to it forever.

The 327 offers a huge leap in performance over the 32 mag and 38 Special. It's right on the heels of the 357 mag and offers an extra round to boot. What's not to like?

I think the Woolrich slacks I wear will pocket carry the LCR just fine.

dgludwig

Bearcat
I've wanted Ruger to chamber the LCR in .327 Magnum for a long time-mostly because of the sixth round capacity. I do wish they'd offer a 3" long barrel-that would make the configuration darn near perfect for me.

I do have one question though: I've seen the LCR .327 Magnum listed as weighing either 17 ounces or 19 ounces. Anyone know what it actually weighs? Thanks.

sharpshooter33

Bearcat
Same frame as the LCR 357 mag. not sure what the weight is. Not sure if the extra hole in the cylinder makes it lighter either.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Glad to see Ruger is making this gun. Back when I had my .32 H&R snubnose I found that most data is useless, it was created for a 6", 8", or even longer barrel. Hopefully the .327 data won't follow suit.