Has anybody else noticed thier tastes in guns change?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wproct

Single-Sixer
I've been a gun enthusiast since about the age of 15, and am now 70, and yes my interests in guns has changed somewhat.

In revolvers, my taste has progressed from longer barreled single action revolvers to double actions, and alot of them in barrel lengths less than 4 inch. My semi-autos are all in .22 caliber and most are of target grade.

In rifles, my collection now consists of all rimfires, and although I still own a couple of lever actions, everything else is bolt-action.

I no longer hunt, so I don't have any interest in sporting shotguns. For many years I was an avid trapshooter, but due to being retired and on a limited fixed income, it's just too expensive of a sport and I no longer participate.

Also, as I get older I try to focus more on staying active, and my newest sport/hobby has become disc golf. It's good exercise, inexpensive, and a whole lot of fun. Yep, interests do change as we get older. :D

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Still love and use my SA revolvers, but have come to acknowledge that I shoot semi's better and that they are "better".

Over-all, I don't go as fast as I used to - but I appreciate a good, fast, horse.