1993 GP 3" **Update with Pics**

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dump1567

Single-Sixer
I just bought one of these used from a local shop. Anything I need to know about this (quality of Rugers in 93', 3 inch common,rare, etc.)?

Thanks.

**Update**
Just picked it up. Here it is.

hittman

Staff member
Blue or stainless?

Full lug or half lug?

Full size, compact or Hogue rubber grips?

Dump1567

Single-Sixer
I guess I left out some info.

Stainless fixed sight .357 mag. I think it's a full lug.

This isn't it (photo from internet), but this is what it looks like. Not sure about the grips. Mine might be bigger.

ruggp1003su888.jpg

hittman

Staff member

That looks like a half lug to me. Regardless, they're fairly common in full lug. Don't think you see the half lug much. Seems the blue ones are more scarce.

Waveform

Bearcat
Nice find. Partial underlug based on your photo and those are a bit harder to locate but certainly not rare or uncommon. A good many of them ended up as service revolvers and some of the ones you find for sale these days are re-imported from overseas and marked as such. I was looking on and off for a few years for a domestic example in decent shape at the right price (that last part being the hard part.) I finally found this one a couple of months ago for $365 and grabbed it. It cleaned up nicely and now wears the compact grip as it was meant to have. Nice guns.

Dump1567

Single-Sixer
Waveform said:
Nice find. Partial underlug based on your photo and those are a bit harder to locate but certainly not rare or uncommon. A good many of them ended up as service revolvers and some of the ones you find for sale these days are re-imported from overseas and marked as such. I was looking on and off for a few years for a domestic example in decent shape at the right price (that last part being the hard part.) I finally found this one a couple of months ago for $365 and grabbed it. It cleaned up nicely and now wears the compact grip as it was meant to have. Nice guns.

Nice. That looks just like the one I bought. In fact, the serial number is 19 digits away from yours.

Thel

Blackhawk
Nice find. I have been looking for one for a while with 1/2 lug. Could kick myself as years ago was in
a shop that had several used in the case for about $350 which was a good but not great price at the
time.

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
Did you have to buy a dozen to get that $350 price? I think I would have picked up a dozen at that price.