What is the value of a 5.5" blued Fixed Sight Old Army?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

257heaven

Single-Sixer
Anybody know? I can't find any Gunbroker sales. All I found were stainless.

No box......98% condition. Help.

And Thanks.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yeah...that's going to be the tough part of it. The 5-1/2" blue fixed sight gun might have been the scarcest.
I'll let somebody else give an opinion on value for that one.
Chet15

Yes, I agree, as I have never seen the blued , fixed sight gun, and I know of folks who have sold the stainless versions for $1200 to $1700 in the recent past...its just a whole lot easier to clean and keep clean the stainless versions..........

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I had a pair and was recently forced to sell them.
The LGS only gave me $375 each. :cry:

Rclark

Hunter
Well, Now I am guessing a bit here, but I paid $600 for SS 5 1/2" ROA NIB. At a gun show last year, I seen a pair going for $800 each. I paid $400+ for my blued & SS 7 1/2" adjustable sighted ROAs.... But that has been a while now.... So 'guessing'? Somewhere inbetween :) . I be very tempted to buy a blued one if I ran across one for around $500 if it was in good shape (no rust) and the nipples are not frozen in place. I am just rambling, so take what I say for what it's worth. A gun is only worth what someone will pay for it :D .

might have been the scarcest.
I thought the SS 5 1/2" was the scarest... Hmmm. And I passed up a 5 1/2" blued fixed a few years ago too :eek: .

257heaven

Single-Sixer
A blued 5.5" FS gun just went for $1,025 on Gunbroker last night. I have one coming that I'll auction off - is why I was wondering.

....do just that , my fried Fred put his on gunsbroker with a "buy it now" for $1250 and the last day it got hot and heavy and the one guy did the buy it now....who knows where it would have gone, the week before one went for $1700 for a stainless version 5.5 NIB.......
( yeah, I sold mine for $800 each and thats what I paid for BOTH !!!!) 8) :roll: :wink:

Dale53

Blackhawk
I was always "one of these days I'm going to get an adjustable sighted Ruger Old Army" and just never got around to it. When Ruger unexpectedly quit producing them I was truly sad.

They had the market sewed up but I guess there was not enough demand for them and Ruger IS in business to make money. It still hurt, tho'.

Seems to me that this would be an excellent product for Lipsey to sponsor. Surely they could sell a thousand or so of them.

You know what they say - wudda, shudda, cudda...

FWIW
Dale53