holster suggestions ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brushunter

Single-Sixer
Morning Gentlemen

I recently acquired my long sought after 3" GP-100. Now , I'm looking for a holster. Something other than the nylon " fit everything " type holsters. I've been looking , found a few that look ok , just can't make up my mind though. You guys that are carrying a 3" GP , what are you using ? Are you carrying IWB or OWB ? Oh and BTW , when I bought the GP it had the factory rubber Hogue grip ..I bought the Ruger compact grips .......wow did that make a difference. Thanks for your input

regards , brushunter.

You check with Safariland/Bianchi, Mitch Rosen, Galco, or just about any of the leather holster makers for one that will fit the GP100's. Worse case, depending on what you are doing wit the gun, a holster for a 4" GP will fit the 3", just a bit longer.

You should be able to get the Bianchi Model 111 for the 3". It's the sporting model (OWB). I have this model for my 3', 4, and 6" GP's and it's very nice and it's rugged.

For IWB, check Simply Rugged for the Sourdough Pancake holster. You can get it for the 3" GP and Simply Rugged makes a great holster.

bogus bill

Hunter
I like the "Pancake" style holsters. They are outside the pants carry, doesn't require heavy stiff belts, they are light, ride high and tight. Everyone makes em. Just google Pancake style holsters.

hittman

Staff member
I use:

Don Hume H715 IWB
-or-
Simply Rugged pancake with inside-out straps for IWB

brushunter

Single-Sixer
RoninPA said:
Y

For IWB, check Simply Rugged for the Sourdough Pancake holster. You can get it for the 3" GP and Simply Rugged makes a great holster.

Didn't realize the Sourdough could be used as an IWB holster. I'll give them a call. I have two of their holsters ....quality products.

Yes I've checked out most of the holster makers ...just didn't know which one to go with.

Thanks
brushunter

Mickey D

Single-Sixer
I have holsters from custom leather craftsman to a few nylon.
Holsters from these guys that work quite well.

http://www.raysholsters.com/view/category/virtuemart_category_id/3/categorylayout/0/start/0.html

Simply Rugged!! I don't care what you want to carry Rob makes an affordable holster that provides many option to carry it anyway you want, depending on what you are doing with it in any situation.

Checkout his Silver Dollar with a set of inside the waistband straps lets you carry cross draw, strong side, inside, outside, however you prefer, and is made to last a lifetime, I am very happy with mine!

Thel

Blackhawk
I have used Tauris holsters for my Rugers:

http://www.taurisholsters.com/reinhighride.cfm

and Kramer:

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=11&categoryID=24&make=RUGER&model=GP%20100%20%203&CFID=97268253&CFTOKEN=96119017

Both offer models for the 3" GP's.

RKBA4CA

Single-Sixer
Recently I became a member of LeatherWorker.net forums to learn more about making leather goods (in a hope to make my own holsters/rigs), and there are quite a few professional and amateur holster makers there who do a mighty decent job.
You can check out those forums and see the members there might make you a custom rig at a good price.

usmc0341

Single-Sixer
Check out Doc's stuff, and he is local to you.

http://barrantileather.com/

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
Desantis makes a thumb break leather holster for the 3" GP 100. I too am looking for a nice holster. Not sure if I'm ready to shell out $75 though. The search continues.

steve8261948

Single-Sixer
firecaptain, then you need to get on to the Humane Society and PETA amoung others. Do you realize just how few tanneries are left in continental U.S. because of them?
Steve