Question about Ruger 454 Casull Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

andyo5

Single-Sixer
It's as hot as I want or need to go with a regular Bisley. No grizzlies where I live. And it is not at the sore wrist level yet.
If I needed more oomph I'd probably take a rifle.
I'm glad we had this little talk. That .454 I was thinking about has just sprouted wings and flown away.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
No, I just agree with P89DC. The .44 Dirty Harry purchases and then resells was a real phenomenon. And it's still fairly true of the big boomers. How many 44 Mag SBHs and even some 500 S&W Mags like new guns do we see for sale with 1/2 of the first box of ammo for it?

But now with Ruger's street price point for these single action boomers at the dealer level putting these heretofore mostly custom and high dollar chambered single action guns, within reach of the average buyer, I foresee a lot more than usual buyer's remorse!

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Hondo44 said:
No, I just agree with P89DC. The .44 Dirty Harry purchases and then resells was a real phenomenon. And it's still fairly true of the big boomers. How many 44 Mag SBHs and even some 500 S&W Mags like new guns do we see for sale with 1/2 of the first box of ammo for it?

But now with Ruger's street price point for these single action boomers at the dealer level putting these heretofore mostly custom and high dollar chambered single action guns, within reach of the average buyer, I foresee a lot more than usual buyer's remorse!

I fervently hope that comes to pass Jim. I have long pined for a 5 shot Linebaugh .45 and maybe Ruger is gonna scratch that itch at a price that I can handle! 8)

As a bonus, I would expect that Ruger will pay a little more attention in regard to chamber/throat dimensions in a Blackhawk that operates at Casull pressure levels... :wink:

Heck, even the barrel length suits me perfectly...

And a .480 Blackhawk is a dream come true! 8)