Help with New Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
The gun is marked New Model Single Six, 32 H&R Magnum, blued, 6.5", fully adjustable sights, and serial number 650-2399X.

Is this what is called a SSM but marked New Model Single Six?

There is also a Single Six in 32 Mag with Vaquero sights that is marked New Model Single Six?

All small framed (not Blackhawk) 32 Mag Ruger Revolvers are called Single Six and not Super Single Six?

Value of described gun above 95+% and no box?

Trying to help friend but I little knowledge of New Models.

Thanks.

SATCOM

G2

Hunter
The first ~ 800 or so 32 H&R magnums made had the "SSM" actually roll marked in the cylinder frame. Why it was removed, lots of speculation. 32 H&R Mag single six has been referred as a SSM ever since and considered correct. The "SSM" remained on the box end labels.

The "Super Single Six" came about when the Single Six acquired adjustable sights, back in the Old Model days. This would be .22 cal, long before the 32 came along.

There is some recent good reading here on the 32.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227224

95% value $4-500, I recently sold the exact same model you have in the box/shipper/paperwork NIB $600.
These have come down just a little since the Stainless 327 mag was recently introduced, selling in the $550 range.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
G2,

Thank you for your help, but I need a bit more. "The "Super Single Six" came about when the Single Six acquired adjustable sights, back in the Old Model days." That was my guidance, but how did fully adjustable sites and non adjustable (Vaquero) .32 mag guns get stamped SINGLE SIX?

Thanks,

SATCOM

G2

Hunter
There built on the Single SIZE Frame,

Vaquero, Features is the rounded top, fixed sight, gun built on a;
1. Vaquero, 2 digit prefix, Blackhawk frame. 1993-2005
2. New Vaquero, 3 digit prefix, medium sized flattop Blackhawk frame. 2005-present.
3. Single Six sized frame but done in the vaquero top strap features. FWIW, The 50th anniversary single six (.22cal) was done in the vaquero style, which had us all scratching our heads.

The Single Six SSM 1984-2006 the last time a 32H&R Mag was in production. Adjustable sight, Bisley Adjustable & Fixed, Birdshead, & Vaquero. All were 650 prefix sn#

Now we have the SINGLE, ten, nine, seven, & six. The "#" indicating how many chambers in the cylinder.

True the SINGLE Six was a .22 caliber only gun when it was introduced, and we all think of it as a 22 cal gun chambered in both 22lr and 22mag (when the 22 WRF guns were introduced, followed by convertibles) for the longest time.
But in 1984 is was also chambered in 32H&R and as mentioned the first ~800 guns had the SSM roll mark.
Now we can add the 327 Federal Magnum to the chamber offering list. :wink:

The custom builders build them in .38 special, .41 special, SINGLE 5 shots. :roll: