Old Model Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Butch2

Bearcat
First post, so forgive me if this has been posted numerous times before. Were the factory fitted Old Model Super Blackhawk grips individually fitted to each grip frame like another famous single action manufacturer or was it a generic "one size fits all" manner of fitting? My reason for asking is I have one that needs new shoes and did not know what I may be getting in for. Thanks in advance for any help. Butch2

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Welcome to the forum. NO, the grips were not individually fitted, but a very few if the early Supers had a longer grip frame and the grips for those were marked with a " C " .

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Hi Butch,

Welcome to he forum.

In my experience, the old models in general including the SBH have much more uniform grip fit from gun to gun than the new Model Rugers. And nothing like "another famous single action manufacturer" of whom I will only post the initial; COLT! :lol:

6gun

Hunter
If grips had to be hand fitted in a factory mass producing guns on a assemble line would mean a major inconsistency problem.

Butch2

Bearcat
Sam Johnson, Hondo44, and 6gun, thank you all for your help. I just picked up this OMSBH and am impressed with what fine workmanship went into it. I am trying to learn a little more about them. I've got a feeling that this one will not be my last.
Hondo44, since this is a Ruger forum, I did not know if using four letter words would offend anyone!

schloss

Single-Sixer
[since this is a Ruger forum, I did not know if using four letter words would offend anyone![/quote]

I wouldn't say they "offend" us, but we do try to keep things clean and civil here. Also, you are hereby obligated to post pictures of your new score.

Butch2

Bearcat
Schloss, I am just an old dog here. It will take me some time to figure out how to do that. Modern technology and me do not get along too well.

6gun

Hunter
Butch2 said:
Sam Johnson, Hondo44, and 6gun, thank you all for your help. I just picked up this OMSBH and am impressed with what fine workmanship went into it. I am trying to learn a little more about them. I've got a feeling that this one will not be my last.
Hondo44, since this is a Ruger forum, I did not know if using four letter words would offend anyone!

Nope this will not be your last Ruger your just starting to get addicted. :mrgreen:

Latest posts