Help with OM value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vortex

Bearcat
I have had a couple people express interest in my 44 mag flat top recently and am I trying to find out what a fair price would be.
I originally bought this thinking I would use it for a trip I was making to Alaska, but after finding out it had collector value I left it home and bought another gun for my trip. I have been thinking a lot about selling it lately because I am a shooter and a hunter and definitely not a collector. The problem is I have not seen any others like it come up for sale so It has been hard for me to put a price on it.

3 digit serial number. Unaltered. My letter from Ruger states a December of 1956 ship date.
I can take pictures of the serial number not blurred out if needed.

This is a link to my original post on the forum.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=205947

Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, a 3 digit makes it a bit more desirable. It's condition is very nice from what I saw. It's also the most common barrel length. However,,, it appears to be a "Type 1" variation,,,, and if so,,, very desirable. The RENE guide says $1800-$1900 IF,,,,,,,,,, IF it's a type 1. And from your info,,, it's likely a Type 1. The serial number will be necessary to verify it as a Type 1. But,,, most of the Type 1's had the black plastic grips.
The devil is in the details.
A Type 2 is worth about $900-$1000.