Problem putting XS front sight on Ruger sp101?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flintlock45

Bearcat
New to forum, recently put an XS standard dot tritium front sight on my Ruger sp101, 1/16 punch that was recommended would not fit front sight roll pin hole, had to mill it down a fare amount to remove pin for new sight, is this common? Even bought another punch, same problem?

Flintlock45 said:
New to forum, recently put an XS standard dot tritium front sight on my Ruger sp101, 1/16 punch that was recommended would not fit front sight roll pin hole, had to mill it down a fare amount to remove pin for new sight, is this common? Even bought another punch, same problem?
Welcome to the forum. I changed the front sight on two SBH's, and it necessitated narrowing the punch down to fit also.
gramps

Flintlock45

Bearcat
Thank you for the response, think I will go to the local machine tool shop and buy couple punches in smaller sizes to have on hand. They also sent red locktite, that many have told me not to use, that I should use blue.

Flintlock45

Bearcat
Thanks, mailed XS, and they told me because they keep changing size of pin and hole, they don't include the pin, and they seem to think red locktite is not kryptonite, ( there words ) I still wouldn't use it if you Ever want to change it again!