Vaquero lasergrip LG-210 hunt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
Hey all, I've been enjoying my Vaquero i picked up recently, but I feel like I would enjoy it even more with a lasergrip on it.

Unfortunately I have found that they have been discontinued by crimson trace. The Model number is LG-210. If anyone here has a set they are willing to part with, I'd pay a fair price for it.

Thanks in advance guys.

schloss

Single-Sixer
I think you'll enjoy it more by shooting it more.

Once you're familiar enough with it, the laser grip idea will be moot. Not saying you can't put laser grips on it, but I think your money is better spent on powder, primers, and lead. And more importantly, range time.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
schloss said:

Once you're familiar enough with it, the laser grip idea will be moot. Not saying you can't put laser grips on it, but I think your money is better spent on powder, primers, and lead. And more importantly, range time.

Following that logic, would you tell him to take the sights off of the revolver and just shoot it more?

schloss

Single-Sixer
Varminterror said:
schloss said:

Following that logic, would you tell him to take the sights off of the revolver and just shoot it more?

That's not following logic.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
The laser grip is a sight, the iron sights are a sight. Repeated shooting cannot negate the value of a sight.

eveled

Hawkeye
I hope you find what you want, but a vaquero with a laser sight just doesn't seem right to me some how.

If you have never shot one before I recommend you find one to try. Laser grips are not the pin point sight people think they are.

I also wonder if you would be happier with a Blackhawk. I see used Blackhawks for just a few dollars more than Crimson trace grips.

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
I guess it should be said that it is modified for fanning, if that alleviates any controversy.

Yet by saying that i know i spark the controversial topic of fanning in the first place, to which i say preemptively: I know.

Also i own a lasergrip for my colt .45 1911 and i realize its not meant to be insanely precise, especially when i have to re-zero it after about 250-300 rounds. But it allows me at least a good 0.5 second increase in target aquisition speed from draw and I feel that counts for something.

Plus i have a fetish for low profile laser sights, and the melding of a modern tactical lasergrip on the old school style frame of a vaquero makes it some sort of beautiful monstrosity. What you find wrong about it is probably what makes it feel so right to me.

So theres that.

contender

Ruger Guru
First off,,,, to the OP,,,,, "Welcome to the Forum!"

To the rest,,,,, we have a New Member here who has made a polite request. He has his reasons, and for that alone, we should NOT belittle his request. Just because any one of us may not want to use a laser on a SA,,, doesn't mean he should suffer any negativity from any of us.
Some of you may not like stainless guns, plastic guns, rubber grips, scopes, nylon holsters, tacticool types, etc.
But, each & every one of us has the right to use equipment for our purposes.

This forum is above the kind of remarks I see above.

Alter Requiem; I hope you do not judge all of us by the few above.

eveled

Hawkeye
As long as you've used a laser grip before, you know what you are dealing with. Just didn't want you to waste your money and not get the end result you were looking for.

Sounds like you know what you want, and have good reason. Good luck on your hunt for the grip, probably ebay will be your best bet, everything it seems ends up there eventually.

You may want to call the nice folks at Crimson Trace directly, maybe they have pair laying around, but not enough to list it. Worth a try, they have to be the nicest people I have ever talked to on the phone.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Chuck 100 yd said:
There was a reason those grips were discontinued and I doubt it was because they worked too good.

Or at least because they probably didn't sell too good! I can't imagine a lot of folks were buying laser grips for Vaqueros or Blackhawks.

I've spent money for laser grips as 'toys' many times over the years, never regretted it, but never got my money's worth, so I haven't been a proponent. But I don't tend to have much application for them, except for on my defensive pistols.

BUT....

There's a decided advantage for laser grips in the hands, or rather EYES, of farsighted shooters. My mother-in-law is far-sighted, and about 2yrs ago she was looking to get her Taurus revolver updated, and was looking to get into something lighter for concealed carry. After spending a lot of time trying to convince her to save money and "skip the grip," it was actually my mind that was changed. She has a lot of trouble getting her glasses lined up to let her see the nearsight sights without distorting the target, and without her glasses, she's just not able to see sights at all. Throw a laser dot on the target and she prints fantastic groups much more quickly.

For certain applications, there's a big advantage for laser sights.

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
Thanks for everyones input, I found and won an auction for one on ebay. In the off chance that anyone else is looking for one, here is another one that is near mint still sitting at about 30% of the regular price. There's 2 days left on the auction. Anything under 75 bucks is a steal for these.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252035801926&alt=web

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Good for you. I think they make sense on a gun that won't be consciously aimed. You may even find their biggest boon is slaving your hand and arm to your eyes so that the muzzle sees what you see. Please let us know what you discover.

Alter Requiem

Bearcat
So i think i know why they were discontinued...

http://imgur.com/Q1FDIn3

It would be comical how poorly they fit if they werent 100 bucks lol.

This gun was manufactured in '91 i believe
The packaging says "fits all ruger blackhawk, single six and vaquero single action revolvers (except pre '73, 3 screw models)

Looks like ive been had, gentlemen, time to die of a broken heart.

yes welcome to the Forum, and as to the "whys & wherefores" some good points above and yes just 'maybe' reason they stopped was sales, but more based on the 'concept' than the lack of "interest"..... simply put it is a "cowboy " gun, single action and on the way single actions work for MANY people is simply rock the gun back, cock the hammer and lower it back down to shoot,,,,,look at ANY old western and it appears, almost seems like the shooters are throwing the bullets down range, especially when on horse back, other guns by their 'concept / design are conducive to having any "other' sort of optic, red dots, adjustable sights, lasers and so forth for combat, defense and target shooting these lasers can and do work,,,just never on a single action for ME or others that I know who have "tried" and they did NOT last long or stay on their guns.......just OUR .02 cents and opinion and as they said in the onstart of your question, maybe we are just trying to save you some money that can and should be BETTER spent on ammo or primers and powder........
Good luck

( yes , we used to watch the quick draw boys over here at the Gunny Hall in Mentor,Ohio and they did NOT have time to even LOOK at ANY sights, on ANY of their "quick draw" shooters, barely got them out of the holster.........) 8) :roll: :wink:

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Alter Requiem said:
So i think i know why they were discontinued...

http://imgur.com/Q1FDIn3

It would be comical how poorly they fit if they werent 100 bucks lol.

This gun was manufactured in '91 i believe
The packaging says "fits all ruger blackhawk, single six and vaquero single action revolvers (except pre '73, 3 screw models)

Looks like ive been had, gentlemen, time to die of a broken heart.

So... I've been accused of not having a great "bedside manner"...

It's really your fault for not realizing that you have a Bisley Vaquero, not a standard Vaquero. That grip is for an XR3-RED standard plow handle grip frame, which your gun does not have. That's not "poor fit," that's the wrong part.

Basically, you ordered a bumper for a Ford Ranger, then wondered why it didn't fit on your F-150.