Cougar is done!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
The Cougar is done! Colt Python Barrel on a Ruger 6. Satin bead blast and polished small parts! A classic from the past and I am sure this customer will be pleased!

Bowen rear...millet front

Varminterror

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN said:
That turned out Sweet! No doubt the owner will be very pleased :). I've handled a couple of SS Cougars but never a blued one.

Thanks for sharing.
Terry

I handled a few blonde and brunette Cougars in my younger years - but never one made from steel ;)

6gun

Hunter
Varminterror said:
T.A. WORKMAN said:
That turned out Sweet! No doubt the owner will be very pleased :). I've handled a couple of SS Cougars but never a blued one.

Thanks for sharing.
Terry

I handled a few blonde and brunette Cougars in my younger years - but never one made from steel ;)

Had a couple of those kind of cougars myself when I was young also, but that Ruger, Colt cougar is a fine piece of work the customer will be truly happy with it.

It's beautiful. I'd love to do that to my Security Six.

Questions:

1: Do you need to alter the frame of the Security Six to fit the barrel, or do the threads just match?
2: Does the customer need to supply the barrels, or do you have a few already?
3: Can the finish be the Colt style high gloss blue for the entire gun?

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
I cut off the old barrel tenon and cut a new shank and threads

No alteration to the ruger

I don't know if the two metals would polish out the same. What may look better is to nitre blue to small parts

GP100man

Buckeye
The barrel to frame alignment is truly "fit" it looks as if it were meant to be !

Some of the early conversions left a bit to be desired in this area.

My hat is of to you sir !!!

GP

cherokeetracker

Bearcat
Yes this looks really beautiful I remember people putting Colt Python barrels on S&W s They looked a little weird.
I want a range report. If you can't do it tell the new owner to send me one. :lol:

MaxP

Buckeye
cherokeetracker said:
Yes this looks really beautiful I remember people putting Colt Python barrels on S&W s They looked a little weird.

If they were done correctly, they looked pretty good IMO. Here's one that Huntington did -- a "Smython"

photo3-1.jpg

Sorry for the thread hijacking.