belts with loops? How loose to hold rounds?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Well he said he would not pay for the return. I told him I wouldn't have purchased this if I knew it was for a 44. Not sure what to do now. He sells a lot of stuff on here but don't really want to blast him. I'm a bit pissed right now so better not say any more for now.

DGW1949

Hunter
I understand your frustration....been there myself.
You are right in not wanting to "blast him".....it shows a lot of class on your part, and folks here will remember that.

If you don't mind a suggestion....
Perhaps you could resell the belt in our classifieds, recoup your money and buy a more suitable belt elsewhere.

DGW

roylt

Hunter
Well I was still hopefull that he would offer to pay shipping. It would have been ten bucks or less probably.

What he said it return for my money or keep and he will send me 20 bucks.

So yes I will resell and try to find a different rig. I will post for sale after I get the 20 from him so I know it is really done and done on his part.

He also said he would not do business with me again which I figured would go without saying haha.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
So if I'm correct you bought a cartridge belt that was said to have been for a 357 but when you recieved it it was made for a 44? And now the guy who sold it to you didn't want to give you your $$$ back but now he is going to give you $20 & you keep the belt? What make is the belt?

roylt

Hunter
I asked him to pay to ship it back because it was his mistake. He offered to give me my money back if I shipped it to him. I don't feel I should pay to send it back because it was his error. So he still won't pay for freight but offered to give me 20 bucks to keep it. I really don't get it either but if he sends me 20 bucks I'll resell and move on.

George Lawrence Co. out of Portland Oregon made the rig. Like I said I really like it but I wanted 357 not 44. I don't own any 44s. The perfect gun for this I sold last year. Had a super Blackhawk Hunter. I figured out I don't like 44 mag.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
the obvious answer to the problem is to buy a 44 to fit the belt loops.....

What he said. If that's not feasible put the belt on Fleabay or the classifieds section of this site, sell it, and get the one you actually need.

6gun

Hunter
roylt said:
Well I was still hopefull that he would offer to pay shipping. It would have been ten bucks or less probably.

What he said it return for my money or keep and he will send me 20 bucks.

So yes I will resell and try to find a different rig. I will post for sale after I get the 20 from him so I know it is really done and done on his part.

He also said he would not do business with me again which I figured would go without saying haha.

Out of all fairness a honest person would pay the shipping and refund your money, his screw up shouldn't be costing you money, if he doesn't step up like a man do the right thing let us all know who he is so no ones else has to deal with this person in the future.

roylt

Hunter
Not sure if I should tell or not.
One hand I feel I should but he has been here since 2009 and has about 1100 posts so he must normally do something right so maybe not?

I guess we'll see if he sends the money or not.

6gun

Hunter
roylt said:
Not sure if I should tell or not.
One hand I feel I should but he has been here since 2009 and has about 1100 posts so he must normally do something right so maybe not?

I guess we'll see if he sends the money or not.

Give him a chance to make it right first and if he fails to do so you should tell us who he is no matter how long he has been here, if he is being dishonest we all have the right to know.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I've made up a number of gun belts with loops as well...here's an old cowboy trick that may help you out...get a piece of string or stitching thread, darker than the loops so it won't show, and thread that into and out of the loops as you work down through them. The idea is to take up some of the loose space in each loop...It'll tighten them up considerably, depending on the size of the thread...a boot lace will change a .45 belt into a .357 very nicely. I got the idea from an old Elmer Keith article. Rod

roylt

Hunter
Well, got the 20 bucks back so I guess it is done as far as the "sale". Now to look for a different rig and sell this one.

Wish me luck.

6gun

Hunter
roylt said:
Well, got the 20 bucks back so I guess it is done as far as the "sale". Now to look for a different rig and sell this one.

Wish me luck.

Is $20 what you paid for the belt originally or did he keep part of your money and leave you stuck selling the belt to recover the rest?

roylt

Hunter
I have to sell the belt to get my money back. Not really sure what you would call the 20 bucks. He paid me to go away I guess.

6gun

Hunter
roylt said:
I have to sell the belt to get my money back. Not really sure what you would call the 20 bucks. He paid me to go away I guess.

Wow :shock: what a dishonest person to buy from, he sounds like the kind of person that you would find on Ebay, but at least Ebay will give you all your money back now days if some jerk misrepresents a item and rips you off.

Sad thing is the honest people will suffer when people become uncomfortable buying here for fear of being cheated, one bad apple is all it takes.