Is this normal for Ruger revolvers to ship in this condition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

swmetal

Bearcat
Hondo44 said:
Sending it back is a waste of an estimated $90 IMO.

1.) First I'd shoot it.
2.) If there's an accuracy problem, or any other issues, I'd send it back to Ruger. That's free, even shipping. You'll get it back in under 14 days.
3.) Then I'd shoot and enjoy it. Or if you still don't want it, sell it on this forum or Gunbroker.

What caliber is it?

I would be really bummed but would keep it as well. A couple trips to the range and it would look like that anyways. Kind of like the first scratch on a new car. Its a bummer to buy a new car and find a scratch on it as soon as you get home, but the reality is its going to get scratched sooner or later anyways. :(

kdave21

Bearcat
Great thoughts guys. I will think about it. If I decide to shoot it, I guess it won't hurt anything since it already looks used :) then I could also just say it is "used" and not have to convince people otherwise lol. I'll think it over.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I've seen worse from NH, especially the last few years.
If you're looking for jewelry, you may have expectations beyond what Ruger delivers.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I suspect that the dealer had a couple of people try the gun at their range. We have a local dealer that does that and I will not buy from him because he does not discount the guns.

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
I baught, ordered a brand new RNV Talo BH back in May from a vender in the Dakotas, when I got it- it was dirty all charge holes of the cylinder fired, action rough, deep scour of cylinder at about 100 rds fired by me and... hammer and trigger pivot pins loose. Its a giant pain in the neck to send it back to Ruger for repair- have not done so yet, takes time, I don't have right now.

Bummer for me, because I really like this pistola, one of my all time favorites..

swmetal

Bearcat
Ugly Hombre said:
Its a giant pain in the neck to send it back to Ruger for repair- have not done so yet, takes time, I don't have right now.

I sent my BH to Ruger and it was a very simple process. About 5 minutes on the phone with CS, they emailed me a FedEx prepaid ship label or offered to have UPS pick it up, it was back to me in less than two weeks.

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
Thanks Swmetal- I live in California and have heard different story's about what is required in this commie state (go through FFL repeat DEROS process etc)- to ship fire arms for repair- when I get a chance I will call and talk to Ruger.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Ugly Hombre said:
Thanks Swmetal- I live in California and have heard different story's about what is required in this commie state (go through FFL repeat DEROS process etc)- to ship fire arms for repair- when I get a chance I will call and talk to Ruger.

Hi,

Folks I know here in CA who've sent guns back to Ruger for repair didn't have to jump thru any special hoops (though they did use an FFL to ship them for convenience.) But it's been a couple of years, which can be an eternity in gun law years here, so a phone call to Ruger, and perhaps a call to the AG's office, would be a worth while use of your time. Listening to some of the stories from guys in gunshops or the guy on that barstool down on the end aren't always so!

Rick C

grumpy7159

Bearcat
I have a Super Blackhawk in my shop that is a display model. It has a slight cylinder ring and lord knows what happened to the plastic bag it came in. There is no chamber rings or carbon on the cylinder/muzzle. It has a fired cartridge. Yours sounds used.

chet15

Hawkeye
There are a lot of Ruger SA's that have been shipped that have that dreaded turn line straight from the factory, and right through the blue.
It's pretty frustrating when you advertise it on the auction sit as new and you have some yahoo on the other end saying it can't be because it has a turn line on the cylinder.
Ruger has a lot to learn in the way of getting these things timed correctly so they don't look like they are selling used guns right out their door.
Chet15

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
Every Ruger I have bought had a slight turn line, with some move visible than others. People handle them in the store before they are shipped and and the factory test fires them and checks the cylinder turn.

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, Ruger has a crack group of engineer's so it is a wonder one of the higher-ups at Ruger haven't given them the go-ahead to fix the issue.
Chet15