Super Blackhawk in a wood box? PICS up ....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I know that is was mentioned before but never, never store the Super in the box. The red lining as a tendency to draw in water. Many a Super has a thin line of rust where it was stored in the wood box. Steve his number did not line up with any of mine. I will call you with the number so you can check yours

hittman

Staff member
As you can tell from the pics, this gun was stored in the box. However, I landed it before there is rust or pitting. There's a thin line on the left side of the barrel that you can't feel but the blueing is "stained" (looks milky or wet) if that makes sense. And of course there's a few of the same on the area where the cylinder touched the felt as well.

hittman

Staff member
I've finally had time today to look this gun over good.

It has Micro on the rear site, Eagle on the barrel, no "Inc", brass hardware on the box, no "C" on the grips. Anything else I should be looking for or that's important to know?

I appreciate everyone's help and interest on this. Thanks.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Hittman,
Congratulations on a tough-to-find combination of an early SBH w/mahogany box (!).

I have an early one, too (s.n. 20××). But, no box came with it. I'll try to not be too envious! Ha! :D

Thanks for sharing the story of your good fortune!

21jajo4.jpg

Only the Loading Gate has Turned Plum

24c72io.jpg

1/16" Serial Number Digits
Steel ERH

4gm25l.jpg

No Eagle on Bbl.
Standard Polish Blue

(Light Oil Applied to Surface)

hittman

Staff member
Thanks Tip ...... nice pics of your excellent very early example! Love the nicely figured grips that seems fairly normal back in those days.

Tip

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
Thanks Tip ...... nice pics of your excellent very early example! Love the nicely figured grips that seems fairly normal back in those days.

Thank you, as well!
Yes, I think the early grips were aesthetically finer than later examples. Your S47 is a perfect example of that!