Moon clipped my .45 Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rich44

Bearcat
I sent a spare cylinder to TK custom the same day they announced the factory offering, I like the factory gun but I think I will like these grips better with heavier loads.
The factory moonclipped Redhawk with the barrel shortened to 2.5" will be next on my list.

moonclipped20redhawk20003_zpsqhn0dpjd.jpg

moonclipped20redhawk20018_zpsfngsixl3.jpg

moonclipped%20redhawk%20012_zps7jgxe1ke.jpg

rich44

Bearcat
Thats a possibility I'll probably only use it with 45acp and colt I don't have very much win mag brass

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Nice! I'm planning on having my 3" SP-101 cylinder cut for moon clips (9mm, obviously) after my vacation next month. I need it for my ride through the Ozarks and don't want to risk having it not come back in time for that trip but once I get back the cylinder is going in the mail.

I'll probably still shoot .357 most of the time but it's nice to have the option of .357, .38, or 9mm in one gun.

rich44

Bearcat
They have very quick turn time I sent my cylinder in on a Thursday and got it back the next Wensday

glw3151

Bearcat
Glad that cylinder worked out for you, Rich44. I like those grips too. Did you mention where you found them?

rich44

Bearcat
Thanks again it worked out perfectly, it also fit in all three of my .45 Redhawks.
I picked those grips up on gunbroker I believe, but wherever it was the same guy had a couple more sets

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I recently had my cylinder reamed to .452. I wish I would have had it set up for moon clips. I like the idea and I have several moon clips from a 625 I sold awhile back. Would the moon clips from the Smith work in a Redhawk? second questions. The ballistics of the .45 Win Mag is it hotter then a load like Buffalo Bullets or Cor Bon in a .45 Colt?

jeffjeeptj

Bearcat
Sold my 4" Redhawk 44, and miss it a lot. Local private sale has a SRH Alaskan in 454 casull and obviously 45LC. Now I See a factory 4" RH in 45ACP w/moon clips and 45LC is available. Can't buy both, and am focused on hardware that fits 45ACP and 45LC, but like the idea of an Alaskan. Think there is any way to moon the Alaskan 454?
BTW, not trying to hijack.