Lipsey Bisley SBH 3.75"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azleite

Single-Sixer
Howdy Folks, I was over on the Ruger site & seen the Bisley SBH from Lipsey with the 3.75" bbl. I like it. I was curious if this was an older offering (I don't always keep up) or if it is still available. If it is, what do they reasonably cost? Are they manageable to shoot?
Thank ya'all for any info- Dave

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
They were released about three years ago IIRC. They sold fast and were hard to come by. I have both the Bisley and plow handled ones.they are good shooters for the short barred. Some call them the SBH Alaskan.

BIGBISLEY

Bearcat
This is a great model from Lipsey's and the one I own shoots great. Felt recoil for me is less than the 7.5" SBH, that frame just doesn't suit me at all. As far as price try not to pay much more than $600 and you will come out ok if it doesn't suit your needs.

Chuck 100 yd said:
They were released about three years ago IIRC. They sold fast and were hard to come by. I have both the Bisley and plow handled ones.they are good shooters for the short barred. Some call them the SBH Alaskan.

We seem to have the same calling when it comes to guns!!! Hard to decide on just one!!! Why always wonder, just buy them both. :) I like your style.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Thanks Folk's for all the info. I'm not finding these anywhere & am kinda leaning towards a 5.5" Redhawk. I remember those had a easily interchangeable front sight system back in the day. Is that still the case ? I always liked the V notch rear w/ gold bead front. I don't see that setup on the Ruger site now though. Thank's again-Dave

rjwinz

Bearcat
Here is a link to Lipsey's current exclusives:

http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?items=exclusives

I see a SBH Bisley in a 3.75" barrell, SS.

Here are the Talo exclusives, off the same site:

http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?items=talo

Looks like the same gun there as well, except the Lipsey's is a Bisley grip and the Talo is the traditional grip.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
I have the Bisley model, stainless. Just had it out to the range yesterday and managed to shoot 12 rounds offhand at 25 yards into a 5 inch circle. Nice trigger on it.
Been thinking of selling it because I have a Freedom Arms on order and it should be finished soon. But I don't want to ship the Ruger because the dealer fees will eat up to much money. If you live close to Colorado Springs and are interested drop me a PM.

Slenk

Single-Sixer
I just looked at one today at my LGS $569 . Thought about it a long time but got a SBH 5.5" instead . We can't hunt with less than 4" here . Only thing that stopped me.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Thanks again Folk's for all the replys. Sorry AKDRSS, I live in North Texas-but thanks for the offer! I truly wish I could find this revolver just by dropping in at the LGS. Nobody in this area that I'm aware of really carries the special Rugers-and that was a killer price by the way! I'm not giving up though, I've concluded the Redhawk is a little bit heavier than I want- besides I really like single actions. I'll keep looking in the FT. Worth area, maybe one will pop up-Thank's-Dave

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
When thy first came out, Cabelas ran a mail add featuring them as a sale item.There
SALE price was $635.00 IIRC. That was high at the time but I called the Lacy WA. Store and reserved the last one in captivity. That was for the Bisey grip. The plow handled one was much easier to locate. I got it from Kygunco.com (Kentucky Guns).

kygunco.com has them listed at $590 but " out of stock "

medicdave

Blackhawk
Great guns I prefer mine somewhere in the middle. Liked it so much I needed a matching trainer. Still need to finish fitting the short frame and cut down a set of stag to fit.

medicdave

Blackhawk
Thank you much. Most of the time I prefer the plow handle to the bisley frame, but just about everything gets bisley hammers for my short thumbs lol.

Pal Val

Buckeye
I've had one a little over a year. It's now my go-to gun for walking in the woods. Shoots almost as accurately as my 7.5" SBH, and it's a lot easier to carry.

George

Blackhawk
azleite, I got one just like the one your asking about late last year! It's one fin looking feeling pistol. You will not be sorry if you get one! I got it from a dealer that posts a lot here on the for sale boards he goes by "gunsbam69" I picked up two pistoles from him and he is A1++++++++ to work with and fast shipment to your FFL His pricing was better then most too.. His Name is "Brian" He is one heck of a nice guy!!If I was you I would give him a PM.. IMO this is the guy to deal with I just can't say enought good things about him.. George

P.S. He's in In OK. This will help you PM him easer! and have a look at what he was selling he may be able to get more you will just need ot ask him.. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=213898&p=2139507#p2137805

gtrmkr

Bearcat
I have both the Plow Handle and Bisley 3.75" Stainlesss SBH and they are great. Shoot accurately and are snappy for sure with .44 Mag loads, the Bisley is easier for me to shoot. I purchased both on gunbroker and got really good prices. I emailed the seller on gunbroker and asked IF they had a few of them would they sell one to me for a price closer to their cost. Both times the seller's emailed me back with a lower out the door and shipped price then what they were asking for in the auction. I asked nicely and said that I understand if they could not discount the auction price and they did reduce the price by a good amount. It does not hurt to ask a seller for a deal but do it nicely and thank them either way.

Longhair1957

Bearcat
I have the Bisley 3.75". I love it. for factory ammo I run HSM 310 grain hardcast bearload.
Very controllable. shoots very accurate for a short gun.

kr308

Bearcat
I have the plow handle model,got it just before deer season last year and quickly became my favorite "packin pistol'. Took a doe with it during the season, and even sometimes use it for EDC.