Lipsey Bisley SBH 3.75"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
I Like the look of the reg. plow handle better on that gun then the Bisley handle but didn't want to worry about recoil so opted for the Bisley mod. with the hammer and trigger.. If I ever get a chance to shoot a 3 3/4" .44 mag with a plow handle I may change mine out! Ya really a nice gun for sure..

cadillo

Blackhawk
medicdave said:
Great guns I prefer mine somewhere in the middle. Liked it so much I needed a matching trainer. Still need to finish fitting the short frame and cut down a set of stag to fit.

Interesting front sights! Did you make those yourself?

George

Blackhawk
Nice! Close as I could come was a 4 5/8" Lipsey's Single Six for a match. I don't have the funds to put the love you did into matching it like you did. Great job! I see you also like the reg. trigers over the Bisley too.

medicdave

Blackhawk
cadillo said:
medicdave said:
Great guns I prefer mine somewhere in the middle. Liked it so much I needed a matching trainer. Still need to finish fitting the short frame and cut down a set of stag to fit.

Interesting front sights! Did you make those yourself?

Those are old k22/k38 target masterpiece front sights. I don't shoot better with anything else so figured why not give it a try as it was the right height for the .44. The tab that pins in needs to be reshape do and a spacer added to each side as they are significantly narrower than Ruger sights. For the .22 we removed a sight from a stainless Blackhawk barrel and drilled and countersunk a hole to fit affiliated screw to attach. The blade height had to be shortened a good bit to get the .22 shooting to the sights.

medicdave

Blackhawk
George said:
Nice! Close as I could come was a 4 5/8" Lipsey's Single Six for a match. I don't have the funds to put the love you did into matching it like you did. Great job! I see you also like the reg. trigers over the Bisley too.

If you take your time plan the build and do some creative swapping and trading it's really not that bad on the wallet. My brother and I do all the work ourselves which really takes the sting out of it.

On triggers I find the bisley a pinch me something fierce in recoil so both my plow handles and bisleys get straight triggers. They also tend to sprought bisley hammers as they are much more accomidating to my short thumbs lol.