New Ruger Blackhawk question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badguybuster

Single-Sixer
I just picked up my new blackhawk 44. I'm not sure if the timing is off or it's meant to be this way. The cylinder holes do not line up to the ejector rod unless i manually move it. When I open the latch it hits between the holes and I have to roll it back slightly to eject. Is that normal? The cylinder holes line up to the bore properly I believe.

Mtn Biker

Bearcat
Yes, that is normal for the large frame New Model BH. The medium frame New Model BH Flattops and New Vaquero's have a mechanical wonder-gidget that aligns the chambers with the loading latch. The large frames do not have this feature. There are some threads on the board that describe the parts with pics if you want detailed info.

VL

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Yep, you have to turn the cylinder to line up the empty cases for ejection and the click sound is off also. If you pass the hole too far you can't go back unless you have a free-spin pawl, I think. Takes a little time to get used to it but after a while it will become second nature. Keep the barrel pointed up somewhat so the shells fall free. :D