Rant, MidwayUSA sucks.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Ordered a grip frame and grips for a project. Midway just tosses the parts in a bag so the grip frame based into the grips the whole way to me. Wood grips are trashed.

This is the second time they did this. So now I have to wait on the project and send the grips back.

foytfoyt

Bearcat
That's terrible of MidwayUSA.

I've had good luck with them. I suspect it is an individual employee, or several, who need a performance adjustment. I hope you complain vigorously to their Customer Service, so that the message gets down to the floor.

I haven't had that happen but can see how it would. Companies are starting to use just thick envelopes to mail stuff USPS. Is that how your stuff arrived?

Post some pictures of your project. Is this the bisley grip frame you've talked about?

Unless they have changed in the last few months... they are a fine company. Anybody can make a mistake.

As gun people, are we better off with Midway USA in existence or would we be better off without them? I think the answer is clear... they have gotten a lot of money from me over the years. They did use to have better prices when they gave C&R holders real dealer prices but that's the way it goes.

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
I've never actually ordered from them. The prices aren't that much better than anywhere else - I can always find the same price locally, or from another online vendor, they don't sell anything I can't get somewhere else, and their shipping costs are ridiculous.

9x19

Hunter
When they started, shipping was included, then they started charging shipping, then their prices went up to the same as when shipping was included... I shop elsewhere these days, as others have said, I can find the same things cheaper or with much cheaper shipping costs at other on-line vendors.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Midway used to be great. Now, I wouldn't say that they're terrible, they just aren't what they once were. I occasionally order something from them when they have the best deal (after including their often outrageous shipping). That seems to be the case less and less often as time goes on.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have had a problem with packaging only once from Midway out of maybe 100 orders over the last 30 years. That one was a box of bullets that came open and There was loose bullets all over the package with several missing. A call to Midway got another box on it's way that same day and at zero cost.

Rather than complaining to us, complain to Midway, they will make it right.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
What 9x19 said. A lot of items with shipping included per item. Fine if you only want to order one thing but add up a list of things and I can find other places just as good as Midway or better for a lot less. They continue to lose more and more of my business every year...

Huhwhat?

Blackhawk
Well, I tried posting a reply to this thread and it got wiped out by the "board temporarily unavailable" bug, and I'll be ****** if I'll take the time to type it again.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I've only ordered a few things from them and never had a problem; however their shipping and prices on various items is sometimes ridiculous.

roylt

Hunter
So I have ordered two grip frames in the past say year or so and both times the grip frame and wood grips were just in a envelope sent USPS.

The first time I did complain and pushed for a second set of grip to just be sent as the bad ones would just be trash either way. I still had to ship the bad parts in at my expense and then had to complain again to finally get 5 bucks credit for my shipping that was actually more like 6.50.

This current order is the bisley part and I will post as time allows. Been goofing off with my kids recently.

I plan on complaining to Midway but it was after hours and posted here first.

Tempted to say the flimsy package busted and there was no grips but that isn't honest.

BearBio

Buckeye
Used to buy more than now from them. I only buy from them under two conditions:
1. Have to check prices, including shipping. Many places can match or beat their prices, especially when shipping is added in.
2. Make sure item is in stock when you order.

Using those simple rules has reduced their income from me immensely.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Never had a problem with Midway. They double box bullets and sell and ship everything for a shooter and reloader. Shipping has gone up lately (not their fault) but they give you the choice of the way you want stuff shipped and then tell you what the cost is up front. :D

roylt

Hunter
Sure, rub it in Chuck... HAHA

I just e-mailed them and got a reply right back that they would be happy to help but couldn't find my acct or invoice. I put the invoice, with the word "invoice", as my subject. Not to great a start. I didn't bring it to her attention that she over looked that I just put my acct number and invoice info in the body of the e-mail and sent it back again.

A lot of back and forth I bet for some 20 dollar grips.

Roylt:
Good for you for being honest. I know what you mean. I've been tempted a few times.

The other day my daughter and I were at Walmart, in the self checkout. I got out to the car completely out of the store and realized I didn't pay for a huge bag of charcoal. We went back inside and paid for it. I couldn't do anything else, especially in front of my daughter.

One time I ordered something on midway, a powder dispenser....As I was checking the shipping status online I noticed they were on sale a couple days after I ordered mine but before I arrived. I called them up and they gave me a refund! So they do take care of their customers. I bet they will take care of you and your grips.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Call the 1-800-243-3220 number and ask for a supervisor, be polite. E-mail is a PITA when trying to solve an issue where talking directly to a person usually takes care of it in just a couple minutes. Good luck.