Doggin with Ruger Revolvers!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Almost looks like a place I've dogged near Casper. I have three Ruger handguns I love to use for prairie poodles; a MkII 22/45 Competition, a 6" GP100, and a 7 1/2" Super Redhawk 44 Mag (with 200 grain Hornady XTPs). They have all been used with great effect out to stupid long range for handguns...super gratifying!

Nice shooting in that vid, partner! :wink:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Well I have commented on this gun on another site and believed that I asked the question of "Why Build it like that" Well know I know why you did build this pistol. That looked like too much fun. Very Nice.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
jstanfield103 said:
Well I have commented on this gun on another site and believed that I asked the question of "Why Build it like that" Well know I know why you did build this pistol. That looked like too much fun. Very Nice.

Yup I'm an accuracy nut....nothing like doing what others think is impossible.

Built quite a few of the FR revolvers. They all shoot sub moa which is what you need to do this.

Had a customer there as well with a 357 FR and he took some past 200 yds

GhosT

Blackhawk
Using a Ruger SRH on those poor vermin.....

OUTRAGED, CAN NOT BELIEVE SOO OVER GUNNED AGAINST THOSE POOR ...

OHH WAIT,
Totally lying.......LOL.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

As as owner of an accurate STANDARD SRH .44 magnum,
Watched this twice.

First thought,
KUDOS to the shooter.....impressive shooting,even if the gun was upgraded.

Second thought,
WOW, how effective the .429 bullets were.

Even with pests, I love a clean kill...zero pain.

Some of those hits reminded me of decades ago shots with fmj 30-06 hit.

Kanook

Buckeye
Your custom revolvers are proof that there is a demand (albeit not large) for long barreled revolvers.

A couple of years ago I was on a committee for some soon to be hunting land. We were trying to figure out what types of tools to be allowed to be used for hunting. It was decided that any blackpowdered rifle, shotgun, and pistol, any archery and crossbow, and any shotgun 20ga or larger could be used. I pushed for and got on the list for centerfire handgun to be allowed. I then had to go assist my sister who had cancer in another state.
When I returned they had removed ALL Handguns from the list. It took me a couple of weeks to finally find out the reason for the removal was they felt handguns are not accurate enough to be used for hunting. I wish I had this video then.