Ruger GP100 .357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thel

Blackhawk
I agree. Never could see why they haven't. Might take a slightly larger diameter cylinder but that can be done as Clements already has had these made when he was making .44 Special GP's. The cylinder diameter as is is quite close to a 686 at 1.55" vs 1.557" or so. As another benefit it would slightly lighten the gun by a couple of ounces.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I mentioned a year or two ago that I wish Ruger would do a 7 shot Gp100. You would of thought I committed an unpardonable sin. A 7 shot gp100 3 or 4 inch would be an awesome gun imho.

Thel

Blackhawk
Kyhunt said:
I mentioned a year or two ago that I wish Ruger would do a 7 shot Gp100. You would of thought I committed an unpardonable sin. A 7 shot gp100 3 or 4 inch would be an awesome gun imho.

Or even better how about a 7 shot 2.75" bbl GP with adjustable sights.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I'd buy one in a heartbeat if the money was available when they came out.

GP100man

Buckeye
Fellers ,I`m too much set in my ways I shot a Smiff with 7 holes & found meself still dumpin after6 shots , brain won`t change over??

I even own 22 LR revolvers with 6 holes !

The unfluted cyl won`t add that much weight & it`s not like the GP is an airweight to begin with especially in the 6"full lug version.

GP

brushunter

Single-Sixer
I have to agree with GP100man , I really can't see what all the fuss is about with a 7 holer. All my revolvers ( cept the SP ) are 6 holers and they get the job done just fine. Kinda think its just a marketing gimmick to raise prices ! OMHO ! :lol:

regards , brushunter

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I'm not against the 6 shot gp100 at all. I love mine. I just think a 7 shot would be kind of cool to have. Really I have no need but just cool.

rjwinz

Bearcat
Got a question for you GP100 gurus ( I have one, just not that knowledgeable). Is the GP100 strong enough for Ruger to chamber it in .41 magnum? Has it ever been done? I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Latest posts