ruger security six 2 3/4 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6gun

Hunter
Considering the prices for new Ruger's now days, the SP101 now well over $500 as well as Blackhawks and GP100's I think $550 is very reasonable since it is NIB or perhaps on the low side since you can't walk into any LGS and find a NIB one.

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
Just bought a GA-32 (stainless Security Six, 357 mag, adjustable sights, 2 3/4" barrel) at a gun show in northern Virginia today (Oct 3, 2015) with correct red/black box, manual, and red plastic disk thingy. I hadn't seen any Security/Service/Speed Six of any barrel length at a gun show in probably two years. I paid just north of $600 (probably too much) but it was truly Like New In correct Box, and I NEEDED it real bad to go with my 4" and 6" Security Sixes.
Timb022

wizofwas

Buckeye
I think to much, but with the box and everything, maybe not. After all they are getting harder to find all of the time. And besides, you wanted it. That just adds to the value.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Fair price for a true NIB (decades-old) gun.
I've looked over a few advertised around $550-650, as NIB or condition "mint" - they were not.

$550 NIB with perfect grips, etc? I'd have a hard time walking away.
With k-frames getting ridiculous and Colt revolvers just plain ludicrous, the Speed-Six (and some Security Six) guns, in as-new condition, are Ruger's jewels.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I know that this is apples and oranges, but about 2 years ago I had a chance to make a good trade to get a Smith & Wesson model 66-1 snubby in the box and like new. I passed on it and it still haunts me to this day. Sometimes when opportunity knocks ya just gotta go for it!

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
I guess the days of inexpensive DA Sixes are about over. If we are lucky, we might find a scruffy one for a reasonable price but Like New in Box ones are getting rare. Luckily, stainless cleans up nicely with a Scotch bright pad and RoninPA has done some real magic on blued ones that had seen better days. I did pay too much (or was it too soon) for the GA-32 but it filled a gap in my collection. Besides I run into $100 bills more often than I see Security-Service-Speed Sixes.
Timbo22

UPDATE!
I just noted that this GA-32 has a small number serial number WAY lower than the numbers listed in Chad's Reference of Ruger Firearms Pocket Edition #2. On page 277 the reference lists known Security-Service-Speed Sixes with small serial numbers from 154-04916 to 154-36577 and 154-58098 to 155-01064. The serial number of my GA-32 is 153-914XX. About 13,450 numbers lower than his list. It's amazing that we're still finding out new things about these revolvers all these years after the last one was built. I'll be sending Chad a PM with the whole number.