Custom GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jules

Single-Sixer
I'm sure ya'll have seen these in the past but I would like to post a few pics of mine. I spend time at Bayside Custom Gunworks whenever I can so I can tell you the work is 1st class.
FR_1.JPG

FR_2.JPG

FR_3.JPG

dingode

Single-Sixer
Beautiful! Wish I shot good enough to be able to justify something like that.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
It's nothing like shooting any other handgun

Closer to a specialty pistol

I have taken non handgun shooters to the range and had them hitting 5" and 8" plates at 100 yds with it from a rest pretty quick.

They make a lot of rifles look bad

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
It's a free float shroud. The bottom of the shroud is a 3/4" radius and smooth so it will track well on your shooting sticks...off your pack....shooting rail or whatever you use in the field

Point of impact shifts when using sticks or support with a traditional wheel gun while resting the barrel. Resting the front of the frame changes grip pressure. The FR eliminates all these issues and also gains more in accuracy with the barrel set up.

By having the barrel round without anything protruding off of it the harmonics are more sound.

The barrel is free floated all the way back to the frame.

These guns can be built in the gp100. Sp101. Or redhawk. Not the super redhawk

Working on a shop display for the redhawk now.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I can understand a muzzle brake/porting on a .44 Mag or above but is there any need for it on a .357 that is that heavy? To me all it will do is make the gun louder and more annoying to those next to you without any clear benefit.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
As we all should know follow thru is very important in handgun shooting.

Removing recoil helps this

The muzzle brake cuts the recoil and gun movement to a minimum. This gun is designed for top level accuracy under field shooting conditions.

I can watch my bullets impact thru the scope.

These guns only weigh a couple ounces more than a factory 6" gun

You and your friends in the field would be foolish if their not wearing hearing protection anyways.

Muzzle brakes are a device that truly improves the shoot ability of firearms.

jules

Single-Sixer
I couldn't have said it any better :D To me nothing I have ever shot needed a brake. That being said I would not want this one any other way. It really does help.

CraigC

Hawkeye
bcgunworks said:
Point of impact shifts when using sticks or support with a traditional wheel gun while resting the barrel. Resting the front of the frame changes grip pressure. The FR eliminates all these issues and also gains more in accuracy with the barrel set up.

By having the barrel round without anything protruding off of it the harmonics are more sound.
Is this something proven through testing or is it theory???

I don't see how resting on the front of the frame would change grip pressure. Nor have I ever experienced POI shift.

Are harmonics really an issue on a short revolver barrel???

I also agree that a muzzle brake on a long barreled .357 seems like a waste.

bcgunworks said:
This gun is designed for top level accuracy under field shooting conditions.
And yet they still use the factory cylinder? Do you rework the gun to eliminate endshake and rotational slack? How can you ensure perfect chamber/bore alignment without a new, linebored cylinder?

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Yes the entire gun has been reworked AS NEEDED.

When you rest the frame of the revolver down on sticks or whatever in the field to gain good contact with te sticks you will push down ever so slightly. This will change grip pressure.

The point of impact changes can be proven. And have been.

If you don't understand a brake and what the point is then you need to come shoot the gun with and without one. For accuracy. It sells itself.

We are not talking about hitting pie plates or good enough groups.

This gun will shoot MOA. You can not compair the setup at all to your regular wheelguns.

The group bellow was shot of bog gear which is a field rest. Videos can be foud on my website. 350 yds. First 3 within 1.128". All five were 3.9. That's slightly over Moa off a field rest. And this is repeatable.

I doubt you will find another shooting system that can do this.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
This is not a gun for a traditionalist. And I never intended it to be.

I wanted the maximum acuracy possible from a wheel gun and we have found it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In June I will be at WYSHOT in gillette wy shooting a similar rig against xp100 and contenders on steel to 500 yds on day one. And I am quite sure I will do well as long as the wind doesn't beat me to death.

I'll also be trying for a 1/4 mile pdog.
In have already taken vermin at 325 yds.

If you want to see it for yourself that event can take spectators. The shooting line is full.

I will not continue to re hash the old arguments. If you don't like it that's fine. If you do great.
If you think I am lying come on out to gillette wy next month and pull up a chair.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Calm down dude, don't get so defensive. I didn't, call you a liar, spit on your dog or talk about your momma. I'm politely asking you legitimate questions.

jules

Single-Sixer
Maybe I should just delete this topic. Though I'm not sure why I should. All I did was post a few pictures of some very tasteful and accurate gunsmithing. :roll:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Jules,

the last two posts I made sum up the questions. The last post on the previous page shows the accuracy.

There will always be ones that dont like different things or ones who fail to accept new ideas and thats fine.

Here is another video that shows the first time I shot the Second prototype Franken Ruger off Bog Gear. First time going to 300 yards. There are misses and it was a self done video I miss called one of the hits in the video but none the less it starts to show what the system can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFs2TkIkTeE