A pair of 4" low back stainless GA-34 Security Sixes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ginzo said:
How do you tell the low back difference?

GEDC0262_zpsb21eed93.jpg

Low-Back on top, High-Back on bottom. See the little hook on the top of the grips on the high-back version?

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
WAYNO said:
ginzo said:
How do you tell the low back difference?

Low-Back on top, High-Back on bottom. See the little hook on the top of the grips on the high-back version?

WAYNO: That is a beautiful low back GA-34 you have there! How low is the serial number on this "Gem"?

rugerrat said:
WAYNO: That is a beautiful low back GA-34 you have there! How low is the serial number on this "Gem"?

Ya mean, how high is the serial number? :mrgreen: 151-15063. I'm sure there are lots of these guns socked away in drawers, but so far, I thought this was the highest s/n of any 4" low-back. Your higher s/n changes this standing.

Yep, I do like these low-backs. 8)

WAYNO.

TinkerDave said:
Not to pick on you in particular, but I wish I had the kind of money it must take to buy guns just so they can be hidden somewhere and never be used for what they were intended for. I grew up in south florida, so cardboard boxes never lasted - either the mildew or cockroaches soon ruined them, so in the trash they went. So much for collector values.

If I had those, one would go to my son, the other to my daughter so they would be able to protect themselves. I really think Bill Ruger would be shaking his head at seeing the high quality guns created by his company sitting around like precious jewels instead of working tools.

So sad for me to see. TD

And not to pick on you in particular...That's like saying da Vinci is shaking his head because the Mona Lisa is not hanging on the wall at the local mall.

Many guns, not just Ruger, are fading away from use over many years. There are a few of us that see it as our responsibility to keep some pristine examples as a preservation of history. For the safe queens I own, I also own shooter-grade examples of the same guns, that can be used at will.

There are truly millions of Ruger's products in circulation. For a relatively few of us that keep a very small percentage of this production in a collection, we hear quite often what a waste it is to do so. We are also thanked quite often for preserving a few of these old guns.

Opinions...Everybody has one. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
WAYNO said:
rugerrat said:

Ya mean, how high is the serial number? :mrgreen: 151-15063. I'm sure there are lots of these guns socked away in drawers, but so far, I thought this was the highest s/n of any 4" low-back. Your higher s/n changes this standing.

Yep, I do like these low-backs. 8)

WAYNO.

I agree with you completely! I would like to find some more stainless low back's but these are almost never seen here in CA! Although about 6 years ago on a local forum a member in Stockton, CA had placed a classified ad selling a 2.75" low back Security-Six but I was tied up and couldn't get to Stockton until the next day but the guy had sold this revolver! I have never seen another short barrel stainless low back SS since then!

radshop

Bearcat
Slightly off topic from the grip frame but relevant to the model changes - there was an old style and new style of trigger spring. My 150-series Security Six (with a broken trigger spring) takes the old style. Ruger no longer has replacements, nor does Numrich or anyone else I have asked. Anyone have a line on where I can get an old style trigger spring?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Ruger-33474/Revolvers-40405/SecuritySix-38347.htm?results=All (scroll down to #62)

EDIT: don't know how I ended up adding on to a 2 year old thread - was not my intention. But an answer is still welcome if anyone knows.