A pair of 4" low back stainless GA-34 Security Sixes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Both of these GA-34 low back 4" Security Sixes are in NIB condition and I found the one with a 150 SN prefix awhile back but my latest one found last year has a 151 SN prefix. Following are some pictures for you to view:

Terry T

Buckeye
Nice!
Can you tell us how high the 151- ser. no. is? My GA-36 is 151-26486 and I think there are a couple known with even higher ser. no.
In other words, there is at least a 30,000 ser. no. overlap of low backs and high backs.
Terry T

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
Not to pick on you in particular, but I wish I had the kind of money it must take to buy guns just so they can be hidden somewhere and never be used for what they were intended for. I grew up in south florida, so cardboard boxes never lasted - either the mildew or cockroaches soon ruined them, so in the trash they went. So much for collector values.

If I had those, one would go to my son, the other to my daughter so they would be able to protect themselves. I really think Bill Ruger would be shaking his head at seeing the high quality guns created by his company sitting around like precious jewels instead of working tools.

So sad for me to see. TD

street

Hunter
What I have heard about Mr. Ruger, as long as he was paid for his guns you could do anything that you want with them. Just think if someone had 200 to 300 Rugers in their safe then that's 200 to 300 more Rugers that Bill could sell to make up for the safe queens that are out of circulation!!! :wink: Sounds like a big win for Mr. Ruger and anyone that owns stock in the company and to the workers that will have to work overtime to make these Rugers.

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Terry T said:
Nice!
Can you tell us how high the 151- ser. no. is? My GA-36 is 151-26486 and I think there are a couple known with even higher ser. no.
In other words, there is at least a 30,000 ser. no. overlap of low backs and high backs.
Terry T

Hi Terry! The serial number is 151-16476. It's good to hear from you again!

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Very nice rat!! Good to see you posting some of your -6's again!

Mine is #151-05106.
Terry

Thanks Terry! Well it's good to get back on this forum....and I have been watching you guys building up your Six Series collection but not much regarding these fine revolvers has been happening here in CA for quite awhile. I just picked up a 1985 4" blue Security-Six that I will post about soon......but the Sixes are becoming virtually extinct here!

hittman

Staff member
I'm sooooo jealous! :)

Heck, I'd love to find one of those even if it were a shooter grade.

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
hittman:

I know how you feel! I was fortunate to find the 150 prefix low back GA34 Security Six above about 8 years ago...but I figured that I wasn't going to ever find another one....so I just about gave up the hunt? Then bingo I got lucky again to discover the other one with the 151 serial number prefix. So don't give up looking because it seems that this is when one will turn up?

Bearcat

Blackhawk
rugerrat said:
Both of these GA-34 low back 4" Security Sixes are in NIB condition and I found the one with a 150 SN prefix awhile back but my latest one found last year has a 151 SN prefix. Following are some pictures for you to view:

Beautiful revolvers! Thanks for sharing these excellent photographs, too.

--Doc

Terry T

Buckeye
They ARE out there, just hard to find. :shock:

I've managed to land the series in .357 mag. but have not seen any stainless low backs in .38 spl. :shock:

Terry T

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Nice collection Terry T! I once had a chance to pick up one in the 2.75" barrel length like yours but somebody beat me to it.....however I have not seen one here in the 6" barrel length!

Terry T

Buckeye
"rugerrat",
I've seen only two other 6" on Gunbroker.com but one will "letter" as a 4" - owner reported that he had sent it back to Ruger early on to have the 6" barrel fitted.
By the same token, I've not seen any low back Stainless Service Six or Speed Six. One would think they are out there.
Same for Stainless, 4" 9mm.
Terry T

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
Terry T said:
"rugerrat",
I've seen only two other 6" on Gunbroker.com but one will "letter" as a 4" - owner reported that he had sent it back to Ruger early on to have the 6" barrel fitted.
By the same token, I've not seen any low back Stainless Service Six or Speed Six. One would think they are out there.
Same for Stainless, 4" 9mm.
Terry T

Yes I haven't seen any low back Stainless Service Six or Speed Six either but I agree that they should be out there. Nor have I seen any stainless 4" in 9mm.

Bisley 45

Single-Sixer
You do not want to shoot your guns because when you pass on, your wife can sell them at a yard sale and then someone else can enjoy shooting them.

ginzo

Single-Sixer
I guess these are best described as "WOW"!!!

How do you tell the low back difference? I have a speed six in .38 SS.