I wish Ruger sold a red dot base

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Weigand makes a Weaver style rail that fits the Super Redhawk (clamps to the ring grooves).

You could use any Weaver style ring with it.

s4s4u

Hunter
Doesn't the Toklat have the Ruger scope crescent cutouts on top of the frame like the other SRH's? I've never seen one so just asking.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Removing the rear sight is a piece of cake. Pick up a 1/16" drift punch and tap the pin out after backing out the elevation screw,being careful not to loose the tiny spring that is under the sight base.
No damage will be done to any part and it is easily replaced.
I have the Wiegand base on my 6" GP 100 . It replaces both front and rear sight.
Wiegand sight bases are extremely well made and good looking,IMHO.
If you order one,be sure to order the little installation kit. For around $4 you get Lock-Tite and the proper Allen wrenches to make the install professional.

steve8261948

Single-Sixer
9x19 said:
Weigand makes a Weaver style rail that fits the Super Redhawk (clamps to the ring grooves).

You could use any Weaver style ring with it.

The Weigand mount(SRS454)requires removing the rear sight also, my red dot I'd like to use is a reflex?
Steve

steve8261948

Single-Sixer
s4s4u said:
Doesn't the Toklat have the Ruger scope crescent cutouts on top of the frame like the other SRH's? I've never seen one so just asking.
Yes, it has these, it's a standard Super Redhawk with a 5" barrel.
Steve

steve8261948

Single-Sixer
Chuck 100 yd said:
Removing the rear sight is a piece of cake. Pick up a 1/16" drift punch and tap the pin out after backing out the elevation screw,being careful not to loose the tiny spring that is under the sight base.
No damage will be done to any part and it is easily replaced.
I have the Wiegand base on my 6" GP 100 . It replaces both front and rear sight.
Wiegand sight bases are extremely well made and good looking,IMHO.
If you order one,be sure to order the little installation kit. For around $4 you get Lock-Tite and the proper Allen wrenches to make the install professional.

No question about this but, I prefer to have both sights on my hunting handguns if for nothing else backup. Handgun hunting to me means going light and moving fast. I already own a Wiegand for my Redhawk.
Steve

s4s4u

Hunter
my red dot I'd like to use is a reflex

Oh okay, that changes things. I think Burris, or someone, had a mount that fit in just one of the crescents for their Fastfire.

98Redline

Blackhawk
This is the same issue I have had looking to mount a DeltaPoint on my SRH.

There are a number of options, however only the Burris base and fastfire reflex sight will work if you don't want to remove the rear sight.

One option, albeit not a bolt on option, would be to buy one of the Weigand "Weg-a-tinny" bases for the 44mag version of the SRH and use a hacksaw to cut the end of the base off, just behind the rear mounting screws. This should leave the rear sight area uncovered and allow the rear sight to stay in place.
SRH%2Bscope%2Bmount.png

If you were mounting a regular scope or tube type red dot, I don't think I would recommend this, however reflex sights weigh essentially nothing and would probably not be adversely affected by the shortened mount.