What's Up With The 3" LCRx Rear Sight?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gene

Single-Sixer
I've given serious thought about going for one of the 3" LCRx revolvers with the adjustable rear sight. I really like it and other than I wished it was a six shooter, the only other issue I have with it is the adjustable rear sight.

Does anyone else think it looks kind of weird? To me it looks like most of it is hanging in midair and that gap below the back half of the sight just looks wonky. It seems kind of vulnerable to catching on things, stuff collecting in that gap or even breakage. I think with some metal underneath it, it would look way more integral to the gun.

What do you 3" LCRx owners and others think or is it just me?

9x19

Hunter
Gap?

Well, it is a GP100 style adjustable sight... the small gap doesn't bother me and hasn't presented any issues... on my GPs or the LCRx.

I love mine, accurate and a joy to carry all day while working around the place.

123ppqu.jpg

2qncqwg.jpg

106x3xg.jpg

Gene

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the pictures. The gap or space under the rear sight in the picture of your LCRx doesn't look as exaggerated as the official picture on Ruger's website or in their magazine ads. Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I'm not slamming the gun at all. Like I say, I really like it but the gap/space or whatever you want to call it under the rear sight in the pictures I've seen just looked a little out of place to me.

Edmo

Bearcat
I think the 3" LCRx is the perfect woods gun. It is light, accurate, and easy to shoot. These characteristics make it an easy choice for me.

Problems with the rear sight? None here. I think it is one of the more accurate revolvers I own... Definitely more accurate than any of my 2" snub-nosed 38 Special guns and much lighter than my steel framed revolvers.

Edmo

imagejpg1_zpsa76fa173.jpg

Gene

Single-Sixer
Laserbait said:
Looking at the Ruger Web site picture, I see what you mean. In practice (I.E. once it's sighted in) it's nowhere near that high. :wink:

Thanks for that Laserbait. I thought I was the only one who noticed. :shock: