Lipsey's Royal Phoenix GP100 info and picture thread

Help Support Ruger Forum:

48flyer

Single-Sixer
These have recently peaked my interest.
Does anyone know exactly how many were made? Seems like there are differing opinions and even Chads's book says quantity unknown.
How many of you have one? Let's see photos!

9x19

Hunter
Congrats, that's a very pretty finish.

I could never own one, it would simply garner too many character marks in my hands.

Rpger30

Bearcat
Seems like the exclusives always offer something really desirable. Currently, there are no desirable GP100 exclusives, for me at least :(

That Royal Phoenix was the best looking factory GP100 ever made. You'd pay like $2k in total or have to do a lot of work yourself to get something comparable today.

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Thought I'd update this with pics of the gun I picked up.
The bluing is unbelievable, but my camera can't capture it.
It's a deep, deep dark black, blue.
I'll have to try outside on an overcast day. It was pretty sunny when I took these.
Also, thanks to Jason at Lipseys for getting these done, and for a bit of info on the history of them.

hesco

Bearcat
Should have bought one of these when they were accessible, had no idea they were limited.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
Hesco, don't feel bad I said basically the same thing in another thread abut them. They are a beautiful gun.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
What an absolutely a Beautiful Revolver. That out ranks the old colt Pythons even on the bluing. Thanks for posting it.