Ruger Suoer Blackhawks 44 mag. Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just purchased a Ruger SuperBlack Hawk 3 screw Brass Framed 44 cal. 4 digit serial number no prefixes or box and can find very little information online as to the value on this gun.it Excellent condition.We were told it is one of 1,600 and possibly 1959-1960's. Does anyone have any idea of the value?

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Wow, a nice gun. First, the brass grip frame was added after it left the factory. It may be a factory made grip frame, but it wasn't shipped with it. If it's a Super Blackhawk, (not an older Flattop 44 Blackhawk,) it was made in 1962. It would have to had a little bit of cylinder turning to allow the dis-assembly & re-assembly when the grip frame was swapped.
Condition is very important. And, if it has the original box & papers all adds or subtracts to the value. In the case of your serial number, the original box would have been known as a "white box" variety if I recall correctly. Those boxes carry serious value.
Now, to help us determine a value, we'd need more details. Plus, if possible, serious close up pictures. If you need to see how to post pictures, go to the Gallery section here, look at the "sticky" at the top & it'll tell you how to post pics.

street

Hunter
Contender, with a 4 digit serial number that gun could have been shipped with a White box as you said or with a Mahogany box. We would need the serial number and better yet the shipping date to tell which box it was shipped in. Another thing to consider is that serial number 10130 was shipped in the two piece black and red box, so it is possible that some of the high 99xx guns could have been shipped in this red and black 2 piece box.

contender

Ruger Guru
Street, the original post had a serial number, a 99xx if I recall correctly. Likely past the mahogany boxes. That was why I mentioned the white boxes. It fell into their serial number range. It's also how I determined it was made in 1962. The OP edited the post,,,,,,,!

By the OP failing to follow up with more info, I wonder if I upset them by offering the info I did.

street

Hunter
contender said:
Street, the original post had a serial number, a 99xx if I recall correctly. Likely past the mahogany boxes. That was why I mentioned the white boxes. It fell into their serial number range. It's also how I determined it was made in 1962. The OP edited the post,,,,,,,!

By the OP failing to follow up with more info, I wonder if I upset them by offering the info I did.

Sorry, I didn't see the unedited post. Wonder why he would edit out the serial number!!!!!

welcome to the Forum, good info above, and would be determined further as to the "condition" is it original, and with the added brass frame, as they say "a sum of the total of the parts...." sounds like a NICE gun, pictures would be awesome and of a bit more 'help' to determine just what you have there.
Lot also depends on just what you had to pay for it in the first place, if a 'deal" all the better :wink:

I sold serial number #179x last weekend for a friend, it was drilled a tapped for a scope so put the value at a little over $500....................one never knows 8)

Tip

Single-Sixer
I wonder what the OP's bluing looks like... (?)
Specifically, might it be blue or plum-colored?

e9apo9.jpg
2 SBHs: 20xx & 82xx.