Lettered Blackhawk .41mag Brass Frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fossileyes

Bearcat
I have a Lettered Blackhawk .41mag Brass Frame (6 1/2) that I'm considering selling. Where would the best place be to get info on value?

Anyone interested, send a PM.

Fossileyes

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
This Forum, and this section is a good place to get a ballpark value. BUT,,,,,,,, we need details. Condition, serial number, (you can mark out the last 1 or 2 digits, or provide them to prospective buyers in a PM,) Condition, accessories, Condition, pictures, Condition.
See a theme here? Condition is premier, as well as all the other stuff.

Fossileyes

Bearcat
I have a Letter of Authenticity from Ruger, pictures of the revolver, and pictures a Ross Blackhawk leather vertical shoulder holster to post. There's no attach button, I don't see how to attach these items and need direction on how to do so. Thanks in advance.

Fossileyes

hittman

Staff member
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51390

Tutorial: How 2 Use Photobucket 2 Post Photos update 9/12/13

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
The tutorial has a lot of good info - but its a long read!

Here's the basics in a nutshell -

Posting pictures is rather straight forward, once you get your (free) account set up at Photobucket.com or some other photo hosting Website.

You upload your pictures to your Photobucket album.

Then, when you are creating your message here to the Forum, next to your picture in Photobucket will be a list of "Links to Share this photo." Simply click on the tab labeled IMG and it will copy all the URL info onto your clipboard. Then paste that in your message and, bingo, you have pictures linked to your message.

You also need to "uncheck" the "Disable BBCode" box located right below the text input box on the Ruger Forum, or instead of getting the actual picture, you get its address.

If you delete the pictures in Photobucket, they will disappear from your forum message also.

Sounds a lot harder than it really is!

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok, NICE gun!
Without the box & papers, in the condition I see, I'd rate that gun at an approximate value of around $2000. A great gun to add to any collection!

Fossileyes

Bearcat
Thanks RG.

Like I said in my first post, I'm looking for a value, and would consider selling it.

Fossileyes

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Very nice revolver. I agree with Ty.....$2,000 at least. Your inbox is probably already full of PMs. If someone wants a lettered brass frame to add to their collection, this is a nice example....with just enough use to be a good "shooter", and not kept in a box for the rest of its life.

P. S. Who painted over the grip medallions???..... :cry:

street

Hunter
chet15 said:
I don't think I'd slide that gun in and out of the holster too much!!
Chet15
As rare as that gun is and as hard to find for sale, that gun is, I wouldn't get it anywhere near that holster. As one time is way too much. :roll: