New 327 Magnum.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mag318

Bearcat
Next week on March 31'st Ruger will announce an SP101 in 327 Magnum. The revolver will be 6 shot, have a 4.2" full lug barrel and adjustable sights. I'm glad to see Ruger is bringing back the SP101 in this great chambering and hopefully they will sell well. Dealers were sent an email today showing the new offering so they are probably already in the pipeline. I'm definitely buying one but hope they come out with an LCR in 327 Magnum sometime.

32shooter

Blackhawk
This is not good. I just picked up a Bisley .32 last week and the Single Seven several months ago and now they come out with another .32. My wife is not gonna like this!!

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Oh, me. I'm not a revolver guy. I'm not a revolver guy. I already have the 3" SP101 in .357. I'm not a revolver guy. I've already told my gun shop I wan the first Glock 43 they can lay hands on. I'm buying a used .41 Blackhawk next week. I'm not a revolver guy...

Why do I have the sinking feeling that I'm going to have to make room for another revolver in the safe? :)

John

mag318

Bearcat
If you go to Rugers website and look up the SP101 series, the photo I saw looks exactly like the one with the 4.2" barrel in their web page except with a 6 shot cylinder.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
RugerRover said:
This is great. Although I like the .327 SP101 with a three inch barrel the best!
Agreed that would be better...but barrels can be cut down a lot easier than they can be stretched... :)

I have a .327 SP101 from the first "series" (for lack of a better word) from before. I wonder how these new guns will affect the value?

Well I guess to answer my own question. It won't hurt. Help if anything by increasing appreciation for the caliber.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I think im gonna have to restrain on this 1 .I bought a new 7.5 single seven in late December/early jan with some Christmas money and a bit I had stashed .then I turned around and sold my 243 and used that money for a new single six a couple weeks after buying the single seven .I told the wife I was gonna lay off for a bit .ive already got a gp100 and single seven in 327 fed but like op mentioned if later they come out with it in the lcr i'll have to own 1.

LSCG

Buckeye
32shooter said:
This is not good. I just picked up a Bisley .32 last week and the Single Seven several months ago and now they come out with another .32. My wife is not gonna like this!!

just don't tell Her!! :mrgreen:

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
That is pretty interesting.

I thought about buying a single action 327 but resisted forcing myself into the buy bullets - buy brass - buy dies cycle. I have an older SP101 and it is flawless.

I just checked my usual sources for reloading suppies. I found dies but no brass. Not good!

Sancho

Prairie Fire

Bearcat
This is great news! I have the 3 inch .327 SP 101 and it's a terrific gun. Right size and more than enough punch. It's wonderful to see Ruger giving this caliber its due.

PF

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
I don't think I can resist this one. I already have the SP101 in 327 and three 357 in the 2, 3 & 4" variations. I like them a lot. Dang... I just recently proclaimed I wasn't in the market for anything... I never learn.

101VooDoo

Single-Sixer
Ooooo....

RUSP101.png