Custom Wheelgun....but not a ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Dont get to build many PPC type guns anymore so I wanted to share this one.
All to the customers specs.

Slab side bull from a blank, 11 degree recessed crown, aluminum underlug, trigger work, crane ball, and more. This was not the half @#$ drop in bulls alot of people do. Radius of the barrel perfectly matches the frame.

Lug is made from bar stock

wouldnt be an issue to do one on a ruger!

Beartracks

Bearcat
How about extending the radius under the top strap and where the crane meets the frame out to the end of the barrel. Just my opinion.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Beartracks said:
How about extending the radius under the top strap and where the crane meets the frame out to the end of the barrel. Just my opinion.

Then it wouldn't be a slab side...it's what the customer wanted...I can do yours however you want...only limit is your wallet

Beartracks

Bearcat
bcgunworks said:
Beartracks said:

Then it wouldn't be a slab side...it's what the customer wanted...I can do yours however you want...only limit is your wallet

I didn't mean to round the whole barrel, just to extend a small radius much the way we do with a Bo-Mar rear sight on a 1911, I think it could still be considered a slab side.

DSCF81371.JPG

I was in no way diminishing your work and I am sure your customer is pleased.

Very nice. When I have a full custom done, it will be a DA along those lines.

I'm curious... what was the reasoning for the aluminum underlug? Full length for aesthetics, aluminum for weight? or something else?

What was the base model/caliber?

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
357 mag

Aluminum was used for a couple reasons. This gun was built to hunt with for the customer. Aluminum should bounce less off shooting sticks. Also we didn't need all the weight of a stainless lug.

Other than that it's for looks