GP100 price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
A friend has a 4" stainless .357 mag GP100 for sale and serial number dates it to 1993. No box, papers etc and factory wood and rubber grips. Rear sight blade is broken off on right side. Unknown round count but other than the rear sight looks to be in good shape. Any best guess on a value or things to check for on this model? What will a rear sight blade cost?

Robb

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Rear sight blade will probably be free with a phone call to Ruger and it takes about two minutes to fix. In the market I'm seeing I wouldn't take a penny less than $450 and could probably hit $550 without a lot of trouble.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
when I broke the sight blade on my super black hawk I called ruger with my credit card in hand and they sent it out to me no charge and it does only take a couple min to fix .that being said I would offer 350 ish for it maybe 400 if I really wanted it but I wouldn't go a nickel more .anymore than that I would spend the extra for new .

OldePhart

Blackhawk
My son-in-law in rural Idaho just paid $430 for a used one in blue that he said looked unfired. It groups extremely well and he is very pleased.

Come to think of it...saying "rural Idaho" might be redundant...but I'd sure rather be there than in metropolitan anything...