Custom 480 Ruger Super Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I sent my SRH to Chris at BCGunworks and had him chop the barrel off among other things. Here is the result.

Top left is Grizzly 375gr LFN. Chronographed at 921 fps average
Bottom left is Buffalo Bore 410gr FN. Chronographed at 1120 fps average
Right is Hornady 325gr XTP's. Chronographed at 1224 fps average

1269p46.jpg

This is better than it did with the 7.5" barrel. Chris finished ahead of schedule and under budget from his quote. Excellent communication by phone and emails during the short period he had my gun. I am very pleased.

I have an ADCO on a 44 as well. UltraDot's are also very dependable on big bores. I had to piece together a set of 30mm rings, thus the two color mounting screws. Also recoil blew the forward lens cap off. I glued the rear one on for same reason. Now will have to glue front one as well.

hittman

Staff member
Good shooting there Roger! The custom work came out really nice.

MaxP

Buckeye
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Nice package!
I always wondered if those red dot scopes would hold up under that kind of recoil.
Terry

Ultradots can take a tremendous beating. My first Ultradot 30 (that I still have and use) was subjected to thousands of full-tilt .475 Linebaugh loads (420s at 1,350) on my .475 SRH, heavy load development on my .500 JRH, and then onto my SRH in .500 Linebaugh. They are tougher than nails.

dougader

Hunter
I like that alot. It's what I have in mind to carry when fishing next to the great bears on the rivers of Alaska.

Can't wait to get back home to load some ammo for this. This working for a living really sucks. I can put in for my MN bear tags April 1st, and will be using this Sept 1st if I draw a tag. Just need to get back home and find a load and practice.

hittman

Staff member
You're not missing any warm weather up here! Been chilly and rainy most of the week.

Lemme know if you're looking to build a money stash for that bear hunting trip. You might have another wheel gun I need really bad! :lol: