lypsey's flat top .45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
I just came home with model 05242, NVB-44x, Flat top convertible .45. It is my first flat top, What a nicely balanced gun, can't wait to shoot it. I know it is a medium frame and not safe for Ruger only loads, but I plan on using mostly the acp cylinder.

Anybody else have one of these guns?

Rclark

Hunter
You bet! I have two 5 1/2" revolvers. Doesn't get any better as far as I am concerned. I mostly shoot .45 Colt in mine. Mine have been tuned up and just shoot great. If I ever had to sell my guns, these would be the last to go. Enjoy!!!!!!

Ruger45ConvertiblesNewGrips_zpscfef10c4.jpg

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Yes sir! :D I bought a 4-5/8" Stainless when they first came out. It's my favorite SA. It, unfortunately, is also my wife's new favorite SA. She has therefore, claimed ownership. I'm thinking maybe a blued,short barreled, Flat top Convertible, may be in the near future.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Yes. Lovely little revolver. I mainly shoot ACP in mine also, but have shot LC in it a few times.

Yep, got mine (blue 4 5/8th) a few months ago. Have a set of eagle gunfighters enroute to replace the white grips. May need to have the chamber throats reamed but I really like the fit and balance. I've only shot the .45 Colt cylinder so far.

Bud0505

Single-Sixer
Mine's a blued 4 5/8" barrel. Replaced the cheesegrader grips with some stag and had the cylinders reamed. Sweet shooting gun with either cylinder.

Yep, it's the finest fit and finished NM Ruger I've ever owned. I haven't shot the .45Colt cylinder and probably never will. I bought it expressly to shoot .45ACP and it was my favorite paper-puncher all last summer.

DSC_0002.jpg

These big, dead-soft HP's do a number on water jugs...

DSC_0026-001.jpg

Made some mesquite grips for it...

DSC_0022-001a.jpg

trapperon said:
think its a cold steel he has--not gerber. But I wish gerber still made the bowie and the BMF too. that was a good era for American made knives.

Ron

Ron, I believe you are right. Was thinking the grip wasn't just right but thought it might just be the picture. I have a Western Bowie like new that I bought off the rep before they sold out, and I got a couple of the Gerbers through another rep just as they were closing them out years ago.

mc1911

Bearcat
I love my 5.5 SS now. Ruger replaced both cylinders and tuned and polished the gun. Must have been a Monday morning or Friday afternoon gun. I started out shooting 45 Colt but now my loads are mainly 45 ACP. I have a lot more brass for 45 ACP.

If a Ruger is not right ,contact Ruger.

Put

Single-Sixer
WAYNO I believe those are Gabon Ebony. I made mine out of the same wood. What makes yours really stand out is the checkering. That kind of ebony is one of the most expensive wood. The piece I made mine out of was 3 inches by 4 inches and cost my father over $50 ten years ago.

You got some nice grips on that gun.

Latest posts