Bobbed super redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
One of the forum members here wanted a 5" 480! And now they have it

Cut to 5"
11 degree recessed crown
Trigger job worked to the customers specs for single action.
Reworked the factory sight to secure with a screw.
Removed the target grey finish and bead blast/polish.

jbntx

Single-Sixer
To shorten a barrel like that, does it have to be removed from the frame of the gun?

If Ruger would have made the Toklat in 44 or 480 I wouldn't have had to send this one to Chris at BCGunworks. But I actually have less in this one than what I would have paid for the Toklat.
I wont be able to pick this up until at least the end of next week due to my job. But I will say that Chris kept me informed of the progress via emails with pictures and phone calls. He also came in under promised time frame and under estimated budget. So far I couldn't be happier.

I had been looking for a 44 SRH to have this done to, but couldn't find one at a price I was willing to pay. Got this 480 for a decent price so decided to I would use it. This will mainly be for black bear, but will also use for deer along with my 44's. Chris also removed the billboard from the barrel.

CraigC

Hawkeye
5-6" is a good length for the SRH. I think I'd like to have Huntington cut mine at 6" and install a Weigand front sight. Though I'd like to keep my target grey finish.

MaxP

Buckeye
CraigC said:
5-6" is a good length for the SRH. I think I'd like to have Huntington cut mine at 6" and install a Weigand front sight. Though I'd like to keep my target grey finish.

The .500 Linebaugh SRH (with a 5-inch barrel) that he built for me was a tack driver. Took a couple of notable animals with that one.