SBH Hammer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

veeman

Single-Sixer
I installed a new NM SBH hammer on my .45 Blackhawk. I like it a lot. Feels better, looks better, smoother I think. I do believe I'll get one for my 30 Carbine Blackhawk.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
8) Done a few myself and always keep a few extra SBH hammers on hand just for this purpose. :)

Pic?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
BlkHawk73 said:
8) Done a few myself and always keep a few extra SBH hammers on hand just for this purpose. :)

AHA! I, too, keep a few parts on hand for guns I "might" acquire.

Brought home a pair of grips bought at a bargain price. Nita asked what gun they were for.

"Oh, don't have a gun for them yet" I told her, "but they were too nice to pass up, and likely a gun will come along."

Recently she saw a hammer on my desk. "Is that going to materialize into another gun?" she asked me.

Bob Wright

veeman

Single-Sixer
So where would one find an old model Super Blackhawk hammer? I'd like one for my .357.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They are scarce; best three sources are a want ad on this forum, ebay and Gunbroker. You can expect one to cost anywhere from $75 to $100 or more. I'll send you a PM for one that I know of for sale.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Bob Wright, I tell my wife that it is called metamorphosis , kinda like with a butterfly.
Once when she found a case of 20 ga. Shotgun shells in the back room, I had to explain the science to her. I don't know if she believed me or not. LOL !!!

Major T

Blackhawk
Ok, I could use a couple, one for sure, New model SB hammers. The most urgent is for a stainless FT .44 special. Where do I look?
Jack

contender

Ruger Guru
NM Super hammers are easier & cheaper to find. The OM's do cost more & aren't readily available. If you are looking for NM hammer, Brownell's, Midway, Numrich Gun parts, Jack First Gun Shop, all are good places to start as well as placing WTB ads around here.

For OM Super hammers, Numrich, Jack First, gun shows, ads here, etc all can be places to find such stuff. I know I buy all such parts when I find them at reasonable prices, as they don't make OM hammers anymore.