Another packing ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Another one done and ready for fedex

And a review by a happy customer
Clay John of FL

I am the lucky one who purchased the Packing Ruger from Chris Rhodes. I picked up the gun yesterday. A little history first, I own a very large collection of Rugers that I have been collecting for 40 years including custom guns by Weigand, Bowen, Linebaugh, Huntington and many other great gunsmiths. So I am very good at judging a Ruger just by picking it up and handling it for a moment. The instant I had the Packing Ruger in my hand it had found a place in my collection. The workmanship is flawless, Chris took what is a very solid Ruger GP100 and turned it into a gun that is an absolute pleasure to handle. The action is tuned to perfection, it is buttery smooth and perfectly telegraphs the stages of the action. The grip on the gun is perfect, the sight alignment is natural and true. I have not shot it yet but it will be in my bag on my next range day.
Anyone considering purchasing a custom Ruger from Chris should not hesitate. I can tell without even shooting it that this will become one of my favorite carry guns. (The picture is one of the gun is one of Chris's)

medicdave

Blackhawk
Chris do you do caliber conversions on the gp or (gasp) 686 smith?? I'm thinking of a 10mm conversion sometime in the future. Know Clements offers it but looking at options.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
No. I elected to leave the 10 mm alone on the gp.

I am not a fan of re bored barrels....and the proprietary moon clips..