New vaquero bad SS finish after warranty work

Help Support Ruger Forum:

S281

Bearcat
Need some advice on what y'all would do if this was your revolver. I Sent back my brand new model 5141 convertible new vaquero for the front sight being crooked. They ended up replacing the front sight with a new one. However, they did an awful job at refinishing the gun after the new sight. Would you send it back again to have them make it right or just polish it yourself and see if it comes out nicely.

Here's some pics. You can see the front sight has some wierd grain as opposed to being polished. The front part of the sight looks like it was taken to a grinder, while the top is a mirror finish. Plus the area around the sight on the barrel wasn't polished back up, it's really hazy looking compared to the rest.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
That is a sad job they did....Get some very fine steel wool and some Mother Mag & Aluminum and spend a little time on it. Then take an old T-shirt and the polish and spend some more time on it, and it will be as good as new, maybe even better. I would let them know about though.

eveled

Hawkeye
Send it back, they need to know that is unacceptable. Of course you have to be willing to go without it for a few more weeks. Ed

wproct

Single-Sixer
I agree that it needs to go back, that's the only way they will understand that this type of work is not acceptable. It's too bad that you will have to go through the inconvenience and down time of your revolver, but it really does need to go back.

S281

Bearcat
Thanks guys. I think it does have to go back as well. I shouldn't have to fix stuff myself on a new revolver. I guess back to ruger for another couple weeks. Sucks because I have a new set of bear paw grips arriving tomorrow too.