Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triker

Single-Sixer
Those of you that have one of these, do you like it? Are they accurate? I don't plan to shoot a lot of 454 rds through it, if I get it, mostly 45 colt. Just wondering how they are to shoot. I would just get the 45 colt, but this is available and price is about same as 45 colt. triker

MaxP

Buckeye
Great revolver! I have had a couple of these over the years and they have all delivered the goods. The new one I have, is extremely accurate. I shot this group at 100 yards with a red dot-type sight and factory loads. I'm really happy with it.

IMG_1767.jpg

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have had one since last summer. I have an Ultra Dot red dot sight on mine and was working up loads until the weather went bad in the fall and other things took precedence. Looking forward to continuing with load development this spring.
Super accurate boomer. I have not pushed loads to the max,just looking for accuracy and brass life. Have fun with yours!

wizzard

Bearcat
if I bought one I would probably shoot mainly 45 colt rounds through it as well. A friend bought one. He's not really a "handgun guy" but he is happy with his. As he told me..."the recoil wasn't bad (he's a big guy), and he hit everything he aimed at" (25yds open sights). Hope this helps.

I have 2, a 7.5" Target Grey and the Toklat. I LOVE them - I shoot nothing by 454 loads out of them, so I can't comment on the 45 Colt performance. They are both really accurate. The only issue that I have seen so far is that the Toklat doesn't have enough rear sight adjustment range for my 250 grain XTP 454 Casull loads, they hit about 4" low. I'm sure I could get a shorter front sight, but I'll just shoot my 350 grain loads.

FFguide

Bearcat
I have a 7.5" in Target Gray with a Leupold M-8 2X scope. I have loaded 300gr Hornady 300gr HP-XTP Mag to 1300 FPS. Nice revolver with more snap than my Ruger 480 with 9.5 barrel that is pushing a 400 gr cast @ 1100 FPS. The recoil of the 480 is more of a push even loaded @ 1200-1300 FPS.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I had looked at getting a .454 and mostly shooting hotter .45 Colt loads before I got my .480. For me, I think the .480 was the better choice, really like it.

triker

Single-Sixer
Well, I took the plunge and bought it. Picked it up this morning. It is big. Makes my Super Blackhawk 45 Colt look pretty small. I bought the one with the 7 1/2 barrel. Got it home and cleaned it after the factory test firing. Now to pick up a few rds of 454 Casull ammo to try. I am way to old to shoot strictly 454 ammo, but plan to shoot mostly 45 colt loaded medium. Hope to get a nice day sometime soon and try it out. I have a H&K VP9 yet to be tried. And it's snowing at the moment with more predicted for Saturday thru Tuesday. Someday soon maybe. triker

flatgate

Hawkeye
Some where in my basement sets a Freedom Arms 4-3/4 test target.
5 shots in one hole w/the "test target" needing but one "test" .

:D

flatgate

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I have the .454 Casull in target grey with a 7 1/2 inch barrel, have not shot it much. It has a lot of recoil but it is not unmanageable with .454 loads and it is really pleasant with .45 Colt rounds. It is well built and i am completely happy with it.