Favorite Carrying Revolvers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bogus bill

Hunter
That was a typo on my part. The gun is a 66-3. I have owned it for about 30 years. The tritum front sight has lost it`s glow and I need to get another insert. I was a guard and lived in the dark for 32 years out of my 35 there. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I hardly ever get out at night. Speaking of a smith 27-2, I have this one in 5" (on top) that after I bought it in 1970, I sent it back to smith and got my name engraved in gold. Also all the other extras. It still looks new as I also made it a safe queen to pass on some day. The other is also a rare 5" barrel 29-2. The 27 is a heavy gun and I mostly carried a old 357 Colt trooper years ago on my job as it was lighter.

bogus bill

Hunter
While I am at show and tell, here is a couple more I need to wear some day. A 25-5 in .45 colt and a 24-3 in .44 special.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
Buckeye! said:
1zz5qjc.jpg

Charter 44 Spl. ..loaded with 200gr LSWCHP
This Bulldog is light ..easy to tote and has a mild bark and a heckaish bite....
Yep, that is my trail/around the farm gun. Go to town gun is a 3 inch Sp-101 in .357 mag.
gramps
I keep my Bulldog in the nightstand. I'm just waiting on Ruger to build a 44 special on the GP100 frame to replace it with :D

JmE

Single-Sixer
My EDC BUG revolver used to be an SP101 2.25" (used to back up my 1911). It still serves sometimes as my pajama gun.

Nowadays my main EDC is a Talo Birdshead New Vaquero, SS in .45 ACP. It rides in a Tom Threepersons from Graveyard Jack. I normally open carry but the holster serves well for half hearted concealed carry when I want it to. For a BUG's BUG, an all stainless (custom grips) NAA mini in .22LR is in a watch pocket or on a chain around my neck. I spend alot of time out in the weather and I'm always armed so everything has to be in SS.

TL;DR version: Birdshead NV in .45 ACP, NAA Mini in .22LR, and SP101 2.25". :)

I always smile at that snubby BP revolver, Jeepnik!

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Jeepnik said:
This one always gets a chuckle. Then folks realize what a .44 soft lead ball would do.

You know, I mostly carry a BP revolver when I head to the desert these days. Something about an old Jeep, and old gun, and an old man that just seem to fit together.

Roger that, my friend! Mine's usually an OM flattop .357 or .44, but I've recently traded into an Old Army that could definitely do duty on trail rides.

I've got a lot of revolvers that can serve in that role. My S&W M-60 (early, no-dash, 1 7/8" model) is always at hand, every day, everywhere I go. Casual woods-walking I can choose from a S&W M-60-4 (the 3" full-lug, adjustable sight .38 special), an original Charter Bulldog .44 special 3", or any number of 4 5/8" barrel Blackhawks (all OM flattops, .357s or .44s). If I just want a .22 I have a Charter Arms Pathfinder SS 3" or a recently modified OM Super Single Six that is now 4 5/8" (can you tell I like that barrel length?) and has a bead front/V-notch rear sight setup. This one usually has the .22 WMR cylinder in place.

Major T

Blackhawk
My Ruger handguns are all MkIs, or SA revolvers. I like J frames for carry ( 2-60s, 37, and 42.

For field use, it depends on the primary arm. I find a Bearcat most useful if I'm using a high powered rifle. If I'm carrying a shotgun, I like the .44 special FT handy. For chores, the .44 special is good.

RCP1936

Bearcat
When I do carry
I take a S&W 65-5 3" 357 with Buffalo Bore 38spl +Ps and Barami Hip Grips
DAO bobbed hammer

lsbhg.jpg