LCRx 3"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Picked up a new 3" with adjustable sights yesterday. I didn't think I would like those grips they come with but I really do like them. Kind of feel like the GP100 competition grips to me. Going shed hunting in morning so will get to pop a few rounds while I'm out in the cold. Low around 6 tonight. Pics coming soon, along with pics of the raspberry LC9 I won Sat night at a Whitetails Unlimited banquet.

Here they both are. Hey Hittman, Think maybe a GP paid for this. :wink:
I'm looking at another gun so may have to do another road trip in the future. Will keep you posted.

2ns16p0.jpg

Better picture of LCRx. The trigger pull feels slightly better than my LCR 38 that has a couple hundred rounds through it and been dry fired at least that much. And I thought my first one was great. Please Ruger bring out a 22 in this.

1zyycup.jpg

Hey contender, won mine in Peoria IL. Shot it today and not sure yet if I like the trigger on these. Smooth but long and awkward for my big paws.
But the LCRx is amazing. I only shot 17 rounds due to cold and was looking for sheds mostly. No sheds, still too much snow. But I kicked up a lot of deer.
I shot 5 wadcutter 148 grain, then 5 lead round nose 158 grain, (the old cop load) and 5 +p Hydra Shoks. Recoil much lighter than with my shorter barreled 38 LCR. This will be a great woods trail gun. Also shot 2 CCI shot shells for kicks and grins. At 5 steps I killed a water bottle.

Edmo

Bearcat
I just got mine this afternoon...

I hope to get it to the range this week. The trigger still needs to smooth-in, but I'm snap-capping it towards smooth.

Edmo

imagejpg1_zpsa76fa173.jpg

Edmo

Bearcat
Rumrunner said:
Edmo, looks like you are all set. Nice picture too.

Thanks!

I'm now looking for a lefty holster. It does fit fairly well in a holster I have for a K frame.

Edmo

Edmo

Bearcat
I finally got my 3" LCRx out to the range yesterday and it shoots great!

I took both it and my S&W 642 Airweight snubbie and tossed several brands and types of ammo in my range bag. It shot everything well with light felt recoil even with +P loads. Accuracy was better than I expected and I attribute that to the longer sight radius and better sights than I'm used to on a 5 shot revolver. As a comparison, the 642 which weighs about the same weight was much snappier due to it's small boot grips and harder to shoot accurately with it's minimal sights.

My task for this revolver will be as a light weight trail gun. I always carry a sidearm when I venture into the woods and back when I lived in Alaska that sidearm choice was a heavy S&W 629 Mountain Gun in 44 Magnum. Now that my biggest threat is a rabbit or the unlikely two-legged predator, the LCR will fit my needs. At the end of a long day in the woods I will have forgotten I'm carrying this revolver, unlike my heavier all steel revolvers.

Good grips, light weight, nice sights, accurate, light felt recoil... I think Ruger did well on this new revolver.

Edmo

bklynsal

Bearcat
Yes it is. That is what I paid for mine, I haven't seen it for less anywhere else in Phoenix.