Misboxed Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
We crazy collectors enjoy finding mistakes in many forms! It may not matter to many of us, but some of us do pay that stuff a bit of attention!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Here is an example of how Ruger handled a "miss Labeled" gun for a customer. Guy has it up for sale as a "Rare" collectible.

As a collector I would not place a premium on a miss labeled gun.

JM.02
Terry

Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, .454 Casull!

No reserve, Grizzly repellant! Rare error gun

•In stock, brand new, ready to ship! This has got to be one of the rarest guns to leave the Ruger factory, here is why: We ordered an Alaskan Backpacker Gun chambered in .480Ruger, model 5302 ( 05302 ) and they sent us this gun. The label on the box shows "Model 05302 and "CALIBER: 480 RUGER". But upon verification of the serial number, we realized that the box was miss-marked and that they had shipped us the 454 version of this beast.

The envelope that they put the spent casing in is marked with "480 Ruger", but contains a spent .454 shell casing! We got in touch with Ruger and they apologized for the goof up, and sent us a letter containing the labels that should have been on the box. We didn't apply them to the box, left them in the envelope as a "collectable mistake" that I can't say I've ever seen happen before. I think if's safe to say that this package is "1 of 1". A great addition to your Ruger collection, or if you invest in Rare Colt guns like the Python and Anaconda, or other rare limited edition guns, then this unique specimen will fit right in. The extra "correct" labels are included as shown, proof from Ruger regarding the true identity of this revolver and add value if you decide to part with it down the road.

This model is highlighted by the following features:
•Item #: 5301 / 05301
•UPC_Code: 736676053018
•Description: RUGER S/RDHWK 454 DA REV 2.5SS
•Manufacturer: Ruger
•Model #: Super Redhawk Alaskan
•Type: Revolver
•Finish: Stainless Steel
•Stock: Black Hogue Monogrip
•Sights: Front: Ramp Rear: Adjustable
•Barrel Length: 2.5"
•Overall Length: 7.62"
•Weight: 44 oz
•Caliber: 454 Casull 45LC ( .45 Long Colt )
•Capacity: 6
•Action: Double Action
•Packaging: Plastic Case
•Features: Unfluted Cylinder

martyj

Blackhawk
I got the letter from Ruger to day and it is for a 45 LC
Not sure if that mean anything or not or if they even check there records when they send the letters out.
I also have a letter for a 3 digit red eagle shipped in Oct of 1947.
Going off of those two letter I don't put a whole lot of faith in there ability to always get things right.

edlmann

Blackhawk
Terry T said:
More interesting have been actual guns mis marked with a different model name stamped on the gun. I have 3 Speed Sixs mis marked as Police Service Sixs.

Not a mismark, but the earliest Police Service Six revolvers were marked, "Security Six."

2r5f.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Martyj:
The factory says its a .45 Colt because the end label for the subject gun of this thread says ".45 Colt". So the person doing the entering in the ledgers before these things are shipped out isn't going to open those boxes to check to make sure somebody got the right gun in there.
I am sure if you asked the factory about it and told them about their error, they would probably want the gun back so they could re-ship with a correctly labeled box.
Been there, done that.
Chet15

Latest posts