Where are the 22 LR revolvers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dingode

Single-Sixer
Retired Guy,
My brother has a Match Champion and it's a sweet shooting gun I'm sure you'll like it.

Fackler Rebel

Bearcat
Just recently I have divested myself of all my high power rifles and handguns. Right back where I started out so long ago, .22LR and 12 gauge shotguns. My two .22LR handguns are a S&W K22, one of the last ones before they rolled out the Model 17, made the year I was in the second grade. The other one is a Ruger SP101 .22LR, six shot, stainless, that I bought back in the 90's, I think. Tried to pass it on to a son, but he is in California and has other interests. Oh well, more fun for me.

jonboy 69

Bearcat
was pretty happy to come across this s&w 34 last week. i have a real soft spot for any thing 22 rifle or pistol.

came with box, instructions, original grips and target grips, all the way from 1970.

jdavis

Single-Sixer
.22LR revolvers have been scarce in my part of the country for some time. When I was looking, I could find a few autos of various makes but seldom a revolver. I finally found a LGS that had received a 4" Taurus 990 and a 4" Taurus 94. The 990 is a different animal than the 94. It is larger (similar to a K-frame S&W) and with a decent smooth trigger. I was reluctant to take it but, the 990 looked solid and was priced right. I can honestly say that I am glad that I bought it. I have run countless rounds through the 9 shooter and it has proven to be both accurate an reliable. It may not be a Ruger or S&W, but it is a good gun that has served me well.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Several years ago I realized I did not have a single DA .22 revolver. Single Sixes and Bearcats yes, but no DA. I ended up getting a new S&W 617 in 6 inch. The gun store had 6 and 10 shot models. I thought about it a bit and then got a 6 shot model. Nice revolver.

Several years ago I realized I did not have a single DA .22 revolver.

I love the old K-22's. Just wonderful revolvers. I could see myself being a K-22 collector... I've resisted so far!

For hunting or plinking or targets, the K-22 is the way to go. For actually training to be a better shooter, I'm convinced the M63 is the ticket. When I first got mine, I couldn't seem to shoot a group for anything. I had a couple decades of handgun shooting back then so I wasn't just jerking the trigger or something. I learned after trial and error that the M63 is a great trainer because it is totally unforgiving. Size/weight, something about the combination. You have to hold it the same between shots. Hand in the same place. Tightness of the hand the same. Trigger pull must be absolutely straight back and executed as perfectly as possible. My M63 will shoot groups.... when I concentrate and really think about what I'm doing. If I just start plinking around.... shots go everywhere. If I take a Ruger MkII target pistol out and shoot it, the darn thing covers up most of my errors and I'll look like I know what I'm doing. Then I try the M63 and it makes me "go back to school."

s4s4u

Hunter
OldePhart said:
"Where are the 22 LR revolvers?" - they're hiding behind the bricks of 22 LR ammo...

Sad but true. And I won't even worry about 22 guns until I see bricks on the shelf 7 days a week.

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
I looked for one of the new 3" S&W Model 63s for quite a while a couple of years ago. I even had one on order locally but it never materialized.

When Ruger came out with the Bearcat Shopkeeper, I just did that instead. I still think I would prefer the 63, but the Bearcat is fun to carry around.

SR

Latest posts